What is the 2013 Class Gift?
Each year members of the graduating class leave their mark on USD School of Law by contributing to a gift that is unique to their class. This year’s graduating class gift will be in memory of Professor C. Hugh Friedman, the law school’s longest standing faculty member (since 1958) who passed away in January of this year. With the funds from the graduating class, we will memorialize Professor Friedman and pay tribute to a great teacher and mentor through an endowed scholarship fund.
Our goal is to raise $5,000 from the Class of 2013, but no gift is too large or too small! The most important goal of the campaign is to reach an unprecedented 100% participation, thus setting the standard to which future classes will aspire (but never surpass).
Gifts of $20 enter you into a raffle for a RESERVED parking spot in the law school parking lot for one week during finals. You can double your chances by making a gift of $40, triple your chances with a gift of $60, and so on.
Right now! The fundraising period for the class gift campaign will kick off in March and will continue until finals begin in May. All gifts made by June 30, 2013 will count toward our goal.
How do I make a gift?
There are a number of ways to support your class gift campaign:
- Online: Make a gift today using our online giving form. Include your class year and select “Graduating Class Gift” on the “List of Designations” menu.
- On your mobile phone: Visit our mobile giving site at giveonthego.sandiego.edu to make your gift in under 30 seconds.
- Class Gift Committee: A member of the committee will be speaking to you about the gift, you may give him or her your gift (a check or cash) and it will be forwarded to the Office of Development and Alumni Relations in Guadalupe Hall on your behalf.
- Phone: Call (619) 260-4692 to make a credit card gift by phone directly to the Office of Development and Alumni Relations.
- Drop your donation off at the Office of Development and Alumni Relations in Guadalupe Hall, Suite 202.
Questions? Email the Office of Development and Donor Relations or call (619) 260-4692.