Fall 2013 Registration
Registration for all continuing law students has been scheduled as follows:
- Friday, April 5 at 7 a.m.
- All JD students who will be in the part-time program
- All LLM and MSLS students
- Tuesday, April 9 at 7 a.m.
- All rising 3L JD students who will be in the full-time program
- Friday, April 12 at 7 a.m.
- All rising 2L JD students who will be in the full-time program
Students should log into MySanDiego no later than 6:45 a.m. Registration begins promptly at 7 a.m.
Online registration for Fall 2013 courses will be unavailable between Wednesday, May 1 at 11:59 p.m. and Monday, May 20 at 12:01 a.m. to observe the Spring 2013 final exam period.
- View the Course Schedule as "Blocks" to see all the necessary course information. This is the only view that displays complete course details. You are responsible for the information contained in this view. As a result, we suggest that you use "Blocks" as your default view. Course Search Instructions (PDF)
- Make special note of the "CRN" number. This is the Course Reference Number. This is the code you will use to register online for courses.
- Online registration occurs in MySanDiego (BANNER).
- Navigate to the"Law Student" Tab
- Under "Registration Tools" select "Add or Drop Classes"
- NOTE: During heavy registration periods, you can bypass these two steps by clicking on the direct link to registration, which pops up when you log on to MySanDiego.
- Registration Errors appear near the bottom of the screen. You will have to scroll down the screen to see them.
- Error Message Examples (PDF)
- Technical Support. For support regarding registration please contact the ITS Help Desk via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (619) 260–7900.
- Check your USD email account frequently if you are on a wait list so that you do not run the risk of missing your 24-hour email notification when a seat becomes available. Notification messages are only sent to your USD email account (email@example.com. Use extra caution when dropping classes with wait lists. The moment you drop, a space opens for another student and everyone else moves up on the wait list. If you drop in error, your only option is to add yourself to the end of the wait list, if the wait list is still open.
Online Registration Support
If you are experiencing technical difficulty please contact the ITS Help Desk via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (619) 260–7900. If you are experiencing issues with pre–requisites or other non–technical registration matters, please contact the Office of the Law School Registrar via email at email@example.com, or by phone at (619) 260-4526.