Friday, February 20 – Saturday, February 21, 2015
Conference Introductory Remarks
- Welcome by Stephen Ferruolo
- Introductory Remarks by Mike Rappaport
- Presentation: Richard Ekins (Oxford): "Constitutional Interpretation as Statutory Interpretation"
- Commentary: Fred Schauer (Virginia)
- Presentation: James Pfander (Northwestern): "The Contested History of Article III's Case-or-Controversy Requirement"
- Commentary: Caleb Nelson (Virginia)
- Presentation: William Baude (Chicago): "Is Originalism the Law?"
- Commentary: Matt Adler (Duke)
- Presentation: James Ely (Vanderbilt): "The Contract Clause: Origins and Early Development"
- Commentary: Michael McConnell (Stanford)
- Presentation: Ian Bartrum (UNLV): "Two Dogmas of Originalism"
- Commentary: Larry Solum (Georgetown)
- Presentation: Christina Mulligan (Brooklyn): "Founding-Era Translations of the U.S. Constitution"
- Commentary: Jack Balkin (Yale)