- Prepare quality, error-free application materials. Meet with a Career and Professional Development advisor to refine your application materials and have an objective third-party review your materials for mistakes. Career and Professional Development is open throughout the summer to assist you. Order several official copies of your law and undergraduate transcript to provide employers who request your grades. It may take several weeks for schools to send official transcripts, so be sure to order them early in the summer.
- Research employers. You will prepare better application materials and have a better interview if you research an employer in advance. Do a Google search to find out if the employer has a website and run a search for the employer in the news and legal newsletter databases on Westlaw or Lexis. Use your professional LinkedIn profile to research and connect with employers and employees at the organizations you are interested in. Additional information may also be found in the NALP Directory of Legal Employers or in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory.
- Prepare thoroughly for each interview. Interviewing is a skill you can master with practice. Review the Career and Professional Development interviewing guide (available on Symplicity under the Resources tab), attend the Career and Professional Development interview strategy program (which will be held in August), and schedule a mock interview.
- Log on to Symplicity.
- Click on the “Jobs” tab at the top of the screen. All current job postings will be displayed in reverse chronological order.
- For more information about the job, click on the “Apply” Button or job title. This will provide position descriptions, hiring criteria, application instructions and other information.
Please note: You must follow the application instructions in the job listing. Most job listings on the Jobs tab will direct you to submit application materials directly to the employer via fax, email or postal mail. Occasionally an employer will instruct you to upload application materials directly through Symplicity.
- At the top of this list are drop down menus that allow you to refine your search. We do not recommend you limit your search as you may filter out a great job opportunity. Jobs will be removed upon expiration or notification that the position has been filled.