USD alumni may use on-campus athletic facilities at no cost for one year upon graduation. Pass entitles alumni to use the Sports Center pool, gym, weight room, tennis courts and the McNamara Fitness Center at the Jenny Craig Pavilion during available hours.
$5 per day
$75 for (4) months
$150 a year, or $5 per day
Click here for information on how to obtain your pass.
USD Alumni are eligible to obtain a "Facility Use Pass" that allows access to the Sports Center (Pool, Basketball Courts, Tennis Courts, Locker Room) and the Jenny Craig Pavilion McNamara Fitness Center.
Passes are $75 for 4 months or $150 for an entire year. You may also purchase a single day pass for $5 per day.
Please note there is a $15 fee to replace a current lost or damaged card
*For exactly one year from the date of graduation, alumni are eligible to receive a Facilities Use Pass at no charge (all alumni are required to have a facilities use pass to gain entrance in to designated recreation/fitness facility- your alumni association membership card is NOT a facilities use pass). Please follow the steps outlined in the section below to get your pass if you fall into this category.
Alumni who have a facilities use pass may bring in one additional adult guests per visit. Sports Center guests passes are $5 per day, or, the card holder can purchase a 4 month pass or 1 year pass on their guest's behalf.
Card holders can bring in their immediate family children (12 and under) for free (only up to 4 children per card holder) to the Sports Center. Any family member who is 13 and older must purchase a guest pass at the rates listed above. Note: you must be at least 18 years or older to use the Fitness Centers. The card holder must actively supervise all minors if they are using the Sports Center.
Process to Obtain a Facilities Use Pass
- Contact Alumni Relations to obtain your Alumni Association Membership Card.
- The Alumni Association Membership card does not grant the Alumni access to the recreation facilities. A Facilities Use Pass is the only pass that grants access to the facilities.
- Obtain your Facility Use Pass.
- If you are a resent graduate (within 1 year), you simply need to email firstname.lastname@example.org your name, alumni association membership number and your date of graduation. Your pass will be available for pick up in the recreation office the following business day.
- To purchase/obtain a Facility Use Pass, please visit the Recreation Office at the Sports Center and be prepared to present your Alumni Association Membership Card and pay via cash, check, or credit card. You will also need to sign the online liability waiver agreement. Passes may be purchased during office hours (see website for listed hours).
- The Recreation Programs Assistant Director, Serena Gandara, is the only person who can issue the actual laminated pass (Mon-Fri 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.). However, if you cannot be here during her office hours, you may stop by the Recreation Main Office to purchase the pass from the Recreation Office Assistant. Then you can pick up your pass the following business day.
- Please note there is a $15 fee to replace a current lost or damaged card.
Fitness and Recreation Programs
USD alumni are eligible to participate in any recreation activity, special event, or class we offer. From intramurals, non-credit classes and massage, to Group Ex fitness classes and Personal Training ... anything we offer! In fact, we encourage alumni participation to build community and relationships between alumni and students.
Please call (619) 260-7751 for more information.
*Alumni must first obtain a Facilities Use Pass before participating in any on-campus recreation program.