Transfer to USD Law
The University of San Diego School of Law believes that transfer students enhance the quality of USD’s law program. Because of this, a select number of spaces are available for transfer applicants each year.
Applicants who have completed at least one full academic year at another ABA-accredited law school and have fulfilled equivalent entrance requirements may be admitted with advanced-standing status to the School of Law's full-time or part-time program. Work completed will be evaluated for credit toward graduation requirements.
To discuss how the coursework you have already completed in law school will transfer to USD, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to speak with our Assistant Dean for JD Student Affairs, Emily Scivoletto.
To be considered for admission as a transfer student, an applicant must provide the Admissions Office with the following.
- A completed and dated admission application with transfer indicated for entering status
- A personal statement and current resume
- Official Law School transcript(s) forwarded by your current school’s registrar
- Letter of good standing and class rank forwarded by your current school’s dean
- Official CAS report (from LSAC)
- A $50 application fee which may be waived by emailing email@example.com and requesting an application fee waiver
Applications should be received by July 1 for admission to the fall semester or January 1 for admission to the spring semester. All transfer students need to satisfy the School of Law's academic, graduation and residency requirements.
Scholarship funding is available to those who qualify.