Priority deadlines are as follows:
- Fall Admission: File complete by June 1
- Spring Admission: File complete by November 1
- Summer Admission: File complete by April 1 (Summer option is only for part-time applicants)
Applications for admission will be considered on a space-available basis after the priority deadlines.
Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the year, and many applicants will receive an admission decision within three weeks from the date their application becomes complete.
- Application (pdf)
- Official transcript(s) from all universities and colleges attended
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
- Writing Sample
- Letters of recommendation
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score (for international applicants only)
Graduate school entrance exams are not required; however, those who have taken these exams are requested to provide their scores.
Detailed Application Material Information
- Please complete our PDF application and submit the signed application with your supporting documents by mail to:
University of San Diego School of Law
Warren Hall, Room 203
5998 Alcalaá Park
San Diego, CA 92110-2492
- There is no application fee
- U.S. applicants must submit an official transcript from each undergraduate and graduate school attended
- Transcripts should be sent directly from the school, or may be submitted in a sealed envelope along with other application materials from the applicant
- International applicants must submit an official English translation or certified evaluation of an official transcript from each undergraduate and graduate school attended
- For applicants from countries in which a university will only release official transcripts to the student, the applicant may submit a photocopy if a notary or other official third party certifies that the photocopy is a true and correct copy of the original document
- Please submit a current résumé or curriculum vitae
- Please submit a brief personal statement which addresses:
- Relevant professional experience
- Reason for application to the MS in Legal Studies program
- Any additional significant information
- Please submit a professional or academic writing sample (written solely by the applicant) that indicates the applicant’s writing ability.
- Please submit a minimum of two original, signed letters of recommendation
- Letters of recommendation should be from academic or professional sources
- Letters may be sent directly to the LLM/MSLS Admissions by the recommender, or may be submitted in a sealed envelope along with application materials
- International applicants are required to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score
- Minimum required TOEFL score:
- 93 points on Internet-based TOEFL
- 583 points on paper-based TOEFL
- Minimum required IELTS score:
- 7.0 points on academic IELTS
- Please request that the test administrator submit the applicant’s official TOEFL/IELTS score directly to our office (TOEFL: institutional code 4849, department code 03)
- Institutional TOEFL/IELTS scores are not accepted.
Notice Regarding Submission of Application Materials
Please keep a copy of all materials submitted to the LLM/MSLS Admissions. Once original transcripts and documents are submitted as part of an applicant's admission materials, they cannot be returned or photocopied by the LLM/MSLS Admissions for any reason.
Questions may be directed to (619) 260-4596 or email@example.com.