All students at the University of San Diego School of Law are required to carry health insurance.
A student must either:
- Enroll in the University health insurance plan, coordinated through USD's provider Gallagher Koster, or
- Waive participation in the university-sponsored plan if the student has adequate health insurance coverage.
Please note: students will be able to waive the USD International Health Insurance plan once they have registered for classes for the upcoming semester. Students who choose to waive the USD health insurance requirement must do so at the start of each academic year (or their first semester at USD if starting in the Spring). After registering, students will receive information from the Office of International Students and Scholars about the waiver process and posted deadline. Students will be automatically enrolled in and charged for the university health insurance plan if they do not complete the waiver process by the posted deadline.
International students on visas may choose to waive the USD health requirement with a comparable insurance plan only if this plan includes ALL of the following features:
- Effective throughout the semester and renewable for continuous coverage
- Minimum dollar coverage of $100,000 per illness or injury
- Include outpatient care (doctor visits, outpatient surgery, etc.)
- Include hospitalization
- Repatriation for at least $10,000
- Medical evacuation for at least $25,000
International students who wish to obtain health insurance through the University of San Diego can do so by working with the Office of International Students and Scholars.
F-1 and J-1 Student Health Insurance Fees
|Student + Spouse||$2,581.00||$ 5,162.00|
*All cost estimates are in U.S. dollars and are subject to change.
Immunizations for International Students
All new international students are required to verify their immunization records by submitting a completed Student Immunization Form. Please visit the Student Health Center website for the Student Immunization Form, as well as for more information about the required vaccinations and the immunization verification process. If necessary, the Student Health Center offers the required vaccines for a fee.