General LLM with Concentration
We are now accepting applications for Fall 2012 and Spring 2013. Submit your application early for priority admission and scholarship consideration.
Application Fee Waiver!
Graduate and International Programs will waive the application fee for all LLM applicants who submit their applications electronically through the Law School Admissions Council online application service.
Key Program Features
The General LLM with Concentration is a professional development degree which provides attorneys with additional education in selected areas of study. This degree is ideal for attorneys seeking in-depth training in an area of law in which they currently practice, as well as for those planning to develop a new area of practice.
- Available concentrations include: Criminal Law, Environmental and Energy Law, Intellectual Property Law, or Labor and Employment Law
- Candidates work closely with the Associate Director to design a program of study that is to their greatest interest and benefit, as well as consistent with available School of Law resources
- Available courses may be selected from the upper-division School of Law curriculum and are taught by our distinguished full-time and adjunct faculty.
- Not all concentrations are available each year; please contact Graduate and International Programs for information about specific concentration availability
- Students may begin the program in the Fall, Spring or Summer term
- Candidates may complete the degree requirements in as little as 1 year, or may take up to 6 years
- Full-time (9 or more credits) and part-time (8 or fewer credits) options are available
- Many courses are offered in the day as well as evening
- A candidate for this LLM degree must successfully complete 24 credit hours of appropriate coursework
- 10 of the 24 credits must be from courses in the area of concentration
- 4 of the 24 credits must fulfill a written work requirement, and at least 2 of these credits must be in the area of concentration
- Remaining credits may be chosen from our elective offerings
- Full details of the degree requirements may be found in the School of Law Academic Rules in the Student Handbook
- Candidates work closely with the Associate Director to design a program that fulfills not only the degree requirements, but also the attorney’s professional goals
- Our Career Services Office offers individualized career counseling appointments, as well as many other resources ranging from networking events to practical workshops to information about specific job opportunities
LLM Tuition, Fees and Scholarships
- Please visit our Financial Aid page for tuition, fee and scholarship information
Please visit the following pages to view examples of current and recently offered courses that are eligible for concentration credit in the General LLM program: