JD Concentration Classes: Intellectual Property
- Credits for concentration: 18
- Grade point average in concentration courses of 2.5 is required in order to obtain the Concentration
- Recognition: Certificate and transcript notation
- To receive the concentration, you must submit an application during Spring Semester of your graduating year. Applications are due by April 1 of your graduating year.
Required Courses (at least 6 credits)
- Copyright Law
- Intellectual Property Survey
- Patent Law
- Trademark Law
- Trade Secrets
Electives (12 credits)
For the following electives, only ONE course may count toward the Concentration:
Students who earn credit during the Fall 2009 or Spring 2010 terms for Administrative Law, Antitrust, Art Law, Biotechnology Law, Complex Litigation, Entertainment Law, Federal Courts, Finance and Accounting for Lawyers, International Business Transactions, Telecommunication Law or Transfer Pricing may count all of those credits toward the Concentration.
Note: Please plan carefully. Some courses have prerequisites. Courses may not be offered each year. Some courses and clinics have limited enrollment.
*Advanced Tax course: Enrollment of JD students must be approved by Graduate and International Programs (WH 207).