USD’s Auxiliary Services (Dining, Banquets and Catering, Bookstore, etc.) offers a variety of seasonal positions for locations throughout campus, including but not limited to Barista, Bartender, Cashier, Cook, Food Runner and Server…and we are always accepting applications! If you are interested in applying for a Auxiliary Services seasonal position, please CLICK HERE for the paper application.
Once completed, please submit the application via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person in the Department of Human Resources, Maher Hall, Room 101 on Mondays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays from 1:00-5:00pm.
Note: All positions require successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
* To view the application in Spanish, please click here.
Dining Services and Locations
- Aromas: USD’s award winning coffeehouse located in the heart of campus. Always a buzz with activity, Aromas is the perfect setting to enjoy a beverage with friends without having to leave campus. Aromas is adjacent to the Immaculata, on the first level of Maher Hall.
- Bert’s Bistro: Enjoy a brand new Mexican Menu and $5 Combos in addition to - Sandwiches, Wraps, Sushi, Soup, Salad Bar, Frozen Yogurt and a full Espresso and Tea Bar. This spacious bistro is located at the west-end of campus in Mother Rosalie Hill Hall, also known as the School of Leadership and Education Sciences building.
- La Paloma: Enjoy grilled and gourmet sandwiches, unique salads, gyros, soup, a large variety of cold beverages and snacks, an espresso bar and hot breakfast items – available all day. Extensive grab and go options are ideal for meals on the run, or stay and enjoy the view of Mission Bay from the patio. La Paloma café is located in the Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace & Justice at the west-end of campus.
- Missions Café: Enjoy the famous waffle bar for a hearty breakfast, and the yogurt and juice bar are a great way to get energized for your day. Our fresh salads make the perfect lunch and enjoy a frozen yogurt dessert for a late night treat. Conveniently located within the new fitness center in the valley undergraduate residential area, Missions Café will be the ultimate hang-out for valley residents.
- La Gran Terraza: The Grand Dining Room within La Gran Terraza features California cuisine with a Mediterranean flair, served in an elegant and comfortable atmosphere. Enjoy the open floor plan, two-sided fireplace, and expansive views of Tecolote Canyon and Mission Bay. Located in Hahn University Center, Level 2.
- Pavilion Dining: Pavilion Dining is home to an array of unique dining concepts that fuse distinct ingredients and flavors to create delicious menus in an inviting environment. Menus were developed in partnership with the Culinary Institute of America at Greystone. Located in the lower level of the Student Life Pavilion.
- Torero Tu Go: Food Trucks are all the rage across the country- and now USD is proud to debut its very own: Torero Tu Go! This mobile eatery will provide campus with an array of foods & beverages that reflect San Diego's traditional foods.
- Tu Mercado: Tu Mercado is a natural food grocery store located in the Student Life Pavilion, Level 2.