- How can I access the USD HR Website?
- When are job announcements posted and how often are they updated?
- How do I see what jobs are available?
- I saw a job posted on an external advertisement site and I do not see it on the lists of jobs. What does that mean?
- How do I apply for a job?
- I do not have a computer. How do I apply?
- What if I do not have an email address?
- How do I upload an attachment to my application?
- I submitted an application for the same job title previously and now I see another recruitment posted on the website. Do I need to apply again?
- How many documents can I upload as part of my online application?
- I consider myself a serious candidate and would like to send in my official transcripts. Where do I send them?
- How far back should I include employment history for?
- The employment history section timed me out and my information was not saved. What do I do?
- How do I find out if my application was submitted successfully?
- How long does it take for my application to be evaluated?
- How do I find the status of my application?
- Who should I contact if I have questions about the position, recruitment process or technical difficulties?
- I accidentally withdrew my application what can I do to reactivate it?
- My question is not listed here in the FAQ’s. Who do I contact for help?
Jobs are posted, updated and removed on a daily basis (Monday thru Friday) as information is received from the hiring managers.
It means that the recruitment is no longer accepting applications.
We now accept applications through our online recruitment system. Please go to www.sandiego.edu/hr/jobs . Once you’re there, you can use the appropriate link to start the application process of registering and creating a profile. Once you create a profile you can upload a resume, cover letter, references, etc. (up to 10 documents) if you would like. This would allow you to apply for positions available. Unfortunately, we do not accept resumes in lieu of applying online.
If you do not have a computer at home, you could try to utilize a computer with an internet connection at a local library or community center. The Department of Human Resources also has computers available in our reception area as well. Please call the front desk at 619-260-4594 for hours of operation and directions to our office.
If you do not have an email address we encourage you to get one from the numerous free email providers (Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, etc). Having an email address will allow you to create a profile in iRecruitment and ensures that you will receive timely updates regarding the status of your application.
If you log back into your profile and click on "My account", which is located on the blue bar to the left of the screen, you will notice a tab that says "Personal Information”. If you scroll down, you will be able to upload any additional documents. Once you click save, your application will automatically be updated with the new documents. Only PDF’s and Word documents can be uploaded.
Yes. If the recruitment IRC number is different than the one you applied for previously, it is a different recruitment and position. Please consult with our employment team if you are not sure about it. Please call 619-260-2725 or 619-260-6806.
You can upload up to ten documents.
Thank you for considering yourself a serious candidate and for requesting official transcripts. At this point in the process, we do not need the official transcripts. Please have the official transcripts sent to you personally and please ensure that they remain in the sealed envelope. If offered employment for a position, then at that time we will request that you provide the sealed official transcript which will greatly expedite the process.
We recommend you include up to ten years of employment history and to make sure you include all relevant experience that qualifies you for the position.
We apologize for the inconvenience. We recommend that you enter one employer at the time and save the information by clicking on the “continue“ button on the bottom of the page to make sure the information is saved before adding another employer’s information.
After you submit your online application you should be able to see a blurb on the screen that reads: “your application profile has been successfully updated” that means your application was submitted successfully. Another indicator that your application was received is that the status of your application will change from “active application” to “application received”
The time it takes to evaluate an application can vary and depends on several factors including, but not limited to: application volume, recruitment type, recruiter workload, etc. Hiring managers make every attempt to evaluate applications in a timely manner.
Please contact the recruiter listed on the posting. If you are not able to know that information please contact our front desk at 619-260-4594 for information.
Please contact the recruiter listed on the posting. Their contact information is available in the actual posting. If you do not know that information please contact our front desk at 619-260-4594.
Please contact the employment team at 619-260-2725 or 619-260-6806 or email them at email@example.com
Please contact our front desk at 619-260-4594 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org