The University of San Diego provides a benefits program that provides individual choice and flexibility in managing health and welfare benefits, recognizing the diverse needs of the employee population. Some of the benefits offered to our employees include:
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Retirement program where the university contributes an amount equal to 12% of the employee’s annual salary
- Tuition remission opportunities for employees and their dependents
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
- Transportation Spending Account
- Voluntary Cancer Insurance
The university’s compensation policies are designed to provide a competitive compensation program that will attract and retain the best qualified employees, ensure that jobs and salaries within the organization bear equitable relationships to one another based on comparability of duties, complexity and scope of responsibilities, and that they are classified to appropriately reflect those relationships. Additionally, the university strives to provide compensation rewards and pay systems that motivate and recognize excellent performance and ensure compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations governing pay.
Faculty, staff, administrator, and executive salaries and pay grades are reviewed on an annual basis considering cost of living, market data analysis, workforce supply and demand fluctuations, and federal and state minimum wage guidelines, while recognizing the university’s not-for-profit status.
"The generous benefit package USD offers makes me feel like they truly care about me and my family."