Microsoft Office 2010 (PC) and Office 2011 (Mac) Now Available!
Office 2010 (PC) and Office 2011 (Mac) are the latest versions of Microsoft Office now supported on campus by the Information Technology Services department. Both Office suites provide a variety of new features that can help improve ease of use and productivity.
WHEN will it happen:
- Available now for PC users to self-install on their assigned USD computer
- June 2011 - August 2012: All computer labs and classrooms will be upgraded
- June 2011 - August 2012: Available on all new replacement cycle computers
WHY the Upgrade:
- Redesigned Windows start menu that makes finding things on your computer faster and easier.
- Improved collaboration tools and Outlook for Mac, which replaces Entourage as Office's e-mail client.
- To prevent compatibility problems when receiving MS Office files or integrated software from colleagues and students.
- ITS will be discontinuing Office 2007 and 2008 support by end of August 2012.
HOW do I get it:
- Follow the Do It Yourself instructions
- Contact the ITS Help Desk at 619-260-7900 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for installation assistance or to have ITS install it for you.
- Contact the ITS Help Desk at 619-260-7900 or by email at email@example.com to schedule an appointment for ITS to do the installation for you.
If you wish to purchase Office 2010 (PC) or Office 2011 (Mac) for a personal computer, please visit our Home Use Software website.