Summer Innovation Institute (SII)
June 5th - June 16th
Welcome Cohort VI!
SII will empower faculty to enhance learning and student success through the effective integration and deployment of instructional technologies. An expert panel of faculty peers, instructional designers, and educational technologists will guide faculty to:
- Rethink current teaching methods and course elements by analyzing contemporary student needs and learning outcomes
- Retool course activities with technologies that enhance learning and nurture relationships in class and online
- Redesign courses using best practices and approaches that engage the learner, represent authentic scholarship, and maintain standards of academic integrity
- Improve the quality of Blackboard courses for hybrid or online course delivery, and to give new and existing faculty the tools to become better online course facilitators
- Offer concise, practical, relevant theoretical and technical instruction in an institute setting to improve the quality of hybrid and online pedagogy and current courses at USD
- Help faculty rethink how they're teaching to improve their students' learning experiences, increasing out-of-class learning, and in-class activities
- Integrate tools and methods that will help faculty to build pedagogically sound online courses that enhance student learning
- Explore best practices in hybrid and online course the development and deployment
All attendees receive their choice of stipend:
- iPad option with a twist: current generation iPad with option to upgrade to a new one in two years' time (est. value $1600)
- Up to $1500 registration and travel spending towards attendance at an approved teaching and learning focused technology conference. Attendee agrees to present his/her findings at a Learn@Lunch event to USD colleagues
- Cash stipend of $1000*
Information Technology Services
University Center 117
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-7900
Help Desk at University Center 117
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED (Limited Phone Support)
Torero Store Help Desk
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED
Copley Library Help Desk
- Monday - Thursday: 3 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Friday - Sunday - CLOSED