Customized Departmental Training allows USD faculty and staff to request just-in-time training for group or academic course needs. Tell us about your specific departmental needs.
You handle booking the campus location and we identify and provide a qualified trainer for your chosen training topic. Perfect for groups of 8 or more that need a tailored solution.
Our IT Training Coordinator will work with you to schedule a training session that meets your request once you complete our Customized Training Request Form (MySanDiego ID required).
Topics include those taught in our free pre-scheduled seminars as well as others that can be customized to fit your assignment and learning outcomes. While this this is a free service, please note that we can only offer these services subject to trainer and lab availability.
- Minimum of 8 attendees required to book a custom group training, no maximum number (keep in mind computer labs capacity limits)
- We request that you contact us at least a month prior to needing training if at all possible. This will enable us to consult our trainers’ schedule and reserve a lab (if needed for the session.)
- Requests will be accommodated on a first come, first-served basis.
- In order to meet the need, we may need to recommend alternate times should we exceed the amount of requests we can accommodate or our trainer or lab are unavailable.
- We request that individuals who make group requests are present the day of the training session to provide assistance should questions arise.
- We may ask the requestor to provide an electronic copy of the materials to all of the participants ahead of the training session.
- Adobe Captivate
- Adobe Connect Pro
- Adobe Contribute for Departments
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Digital Images: Scanning & Camera
- Final Cut Express & Video Editing
- Streaming Server