This page provides all users with features to create and manage their USD Qualtrics account.
Request a Qualtrics Account
Qualtrics is a cost sharing software service at USD. Review Step 1 to ensure that you are a member of an opted-in /paid division. If you are a member, proceed to Step 3. If you are not, proceed to Step 2.
Additional Qualtrics FAQ's
Academic Technology Services (ATS) has partnered with the following schools and divisions to license Qualtrics in an effort to facilitate research, teaching and departmental needs. If you are faculty, staff or student in one of the below divisions/schools and you have your manager or professor's approval, click here to create your account using your USD One username and password.
|School of Leadership and Education Sciences||Karen Lee|
|Student Affairs||Margaret Leary|
|School of Business Administration||TBD|
|College of Arts and Sciences||Carole Huston|
|Institutional Research||Holly Hoffman|
|Information Technology Services||Shahra Meshkaty|
If you are NOT affiliated with one of the divisions/schools listed above, Qualtrics may still be available, however, cost sharing fees will apply. Please complete the Qualtrics Access Request Form to opt-in for either a Single license ($500 annually) or a Division license ($2000 annually).
|User Type||Create Surveys?||Activate Surveys?||Distribute Surveys?||Approve Surveys?|
|Student||Yes||Requires faculty approval||Limited to 100 responses||No|
|Faculty||Yes||Yes||Limited to 100 responses||Yes|
|Staff||Yes||Yes||Limited to 100 responses||No|
|Admin||Yes||Yes||Limited to 100 responses||No|
If your division/school has paid for your departmental use of Qualtrics, create your USD Qualtrics account by following the steps below:
- Click on this link.
- Log in with your USD One username and password. If you encounter any problems logging in, you can email the helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call ext. 7900.
- Click on the button “I don’t have a Qualtrics Account” and follow the instructions to create your account.
- You will be placed into one of the above user types, listed in Part 2, based upon your USD One account type.
- NOTE: Please keep in mind, If you already have a Qualtrics account created prior to this request via www.qualtrics.com, that account will not be assoicated in any way with your USD Qualtrics account.
- Before submitting the request form, review the information below:
- Faculty and Staff may request an upgrade to AdminPlus, which allows over 100 responses, by submitting a request form to their division administrator.
- Ensure that the survey is not designed to collection information already collected by another university survey.
- Click here to access the form.
It is essential that surveys conducted at the University of San Diego provide meaningful, reliable results. Procedures have been established to maximize the benefits of surveys conducted on campus.
These procedures are intended to:
- Avoid the collection of duplicate information
- Encourage the sharing of survey results with the campus community
- Reduce possible survey fatigue by limiting the number and timing of surveys to any one specific group
- Maximize participation rates for critical university surveys
- Ensure that those who undertake survey research are aware of ethical practises for research involing human participants and have Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval as necessary. Email Paula Krist for more informaiton with IRB inquiries.
- Discourage the collection of personal information due to Federal Laws.
Administrative priviledges will be granted to USD faculty and staff members. Students who wish to distribute surveys must have a sponsoring faculty or staff member approve the survey for them.
Part 4: Migrate a Qualtrics Account
Note that Qualtrics.com accounts may not be migrated to a USD Qualtrics account. Also note that if someone has a Qualtrics.com account, they will not be able to copy, share, collaborate, etc. with a USD Qualtrics account.
- If you already have an USD Qualtrics Account due to being a user who had it previously at USD, based on adoption/purchase, click here to login.
- Enter your old Qualtrics username and password when prompted.
- Select Migrate Account.
- If you have difficulty, email Helpdesk to report that you are trying to migrate USD Qualtrics accounts. Provide Helpdesk with your previous username and your current username.
- If you are no longer able to access your Qualtrics account, request to have it activated by completing this form. Provide 1. your name, 2. department in which you are associated with and 3. whether you are student, staff or faculty.
- If you would like to disable your Qualtrics account due to travel, extended leave, etc., request to have your account disabled by completing this form. You may request to re-activate your account upon your return by following Part 5 above.
- If you changed your USD One username and would like your Qualtrics username updated as well, click here to submit a form to request the change.
- Faculty members will need to approve surveys created by their students. This privelege may be requested by filling out this form.