What is Collaborate?
Blackboard Collaborate can host virtual classrooms, offices and meeting spaces to offer more opportunities to engage multiple learning styles while you improve your teaching and learning outcomes.
- Available as a tool in every Blackboard course or orginization!
- Live web conferencing sharing slides, applications (Excel, Word, ect...) and webpages
- Live office hours with video
- Pre-recorded lectures (flipping the classroom concept)
Collaborate at USD
Collaborate is rapidly being adopted by many entities on campus.
- Instructors who need to travel or be away from campus can still conduct a class session at the regularly scheduled time ... virtually!
- Others have found that pre-recording their lectures in conjunction with their PowerPoint slides offers their students an effective supplemental resource on-demand.
- Live Classroom is also being used for virtual meetings for time-strapped committees on campus.
- Language instructors are finding that Collaborate Voiceboard can significantly enhance learning of new languages.
- Students have responded positively to the availability of virtual office hours that are being offered by some instructors.
- Student feedback has been positive about Pronto and the ease with which it allows them to connect to their classmates quickly.
Why do I want it?
Collaborate allows you to …
- Offer virtual office hours, eliminating extra travel and supports USD’s Be Blue Go Green initiative!
- Conduct a live class session even if you are on travel.
- Pre-record lectures and make them available via a link.
- Podcast simply and easily from within your Blackbaord course.
- Expose your students to tools they will be using in the business world.
- Keep your students connected even when they are not in the classroom.
- Participants can join froma Mobile Device (iPhone/iPad)
How Do I get it?
That’s the easy part! If you have a Blackboard course you already have access to all the Collaborate products.
- Attend a brief training session
- Add a Collaborate session to your course!
Support and Further Information
Collaborate Session Pre-work
- First time users check system requirements
- Configuring your system
- Training and resources