Attention Students: If you have previously purchased a CPS/eInstruction brand clicker here at USD, you are eligible to receive a $10 rebate when purchasing a new i>Clicker, click here for the rebate form!
What are Clickers?
I>Clickers are individual, electronic devices that allow for classroom polling. Students can use I>Clickers to anonymously respond to multiple-choice and true/false questions raised in the classroom.
The class instructor has a receiver that is powered by a computer USB port. With this receiver, the instructor can control the classroom clicker environment. He/ she can open the floor by making a question available to the class. Once the students have selected their responses, the instructor can then present the results in a graph format, giving the students a visual representation of their responses for easy analysis.
Results in Graph Form
Clickers at USD
i>Clickers have been adopted by many faculty members teaching in the disciplines of Math, Physics, Economics, Accounting and Sociology.
i>Clickers can be used in your classroom to promote interactivity, engage students, and promote discussion. See how easy it is to get started and find out how you too can take advantage of this technology in your classroom!
For additional information, contact iTeam@sandiego.edu or x7400.
Why do I want them?
Clickers allow you to…
- Gauge student understanding of lecture material
- Add participation and interaction to your class lecture
- Include all of your students in classroom discussion
- Deliver quizzes/ poll students and gather all data easily and instantly
- Take attendance with ease
- Keep students involved and engaged in the course
- Collect anonymous, honest responses to sensitive material and topics for further class discussion
How do I get it?
Cost to students is $39.99, and they can purchase their devices at the USD Bookstore. This is a one time, lifetime fee, there are no additional costs, and students can resell their devices once they are done using them.
If you are interested in this technology, please contact iTeam@sandiego.edu or call x7400 for more information.
Support and Further Information
- Learn More About I-Clickers:
- Article: New for back-to-school: ‘Clickers’
(CNET News.com, Aug. 2005)
- Article: Clickers – 7 Things You Should Know
(Educause Learning Initiative 2005)
- Purdue University Testimonials (video)
- Official i-Clicker Website
- Self-Paced Training Tutorials from i-Clicker
- i-Clicker FAQ's
- Faculty Feedback on Clickers (University of Wisconsin)
- Article: Why Use Clicker Technology? (Engaging Technologies)