Student Technology Assistant Program
The Student Technology Assistant (STA) program pairs technically skilled students with faculty members to develop independent, semester-long, technology-based projects that enhance curricula at the University of San Diego. STAs have a unique opportunity to learn new technologies on the job while gaining practical work experience and supporting faculty integration of technologies.
In past years, STAs and Faculty have worked on a variety of innovative projects from database design, video editing and digitization of material to engaging ways to utilize social media tools. Past Projects have Included:
- Creation of lectures, tutorials, and simulations using Captivate or other screen capture technology and integrating into Blackboard course
- Multi-media production: Audio (podcasting/iTunes U) and video editing (iMovie, Final Cut Pro)
- eBook and iBook creation and publishing
- Mobile app development
- Filming, editing and production of student presentations or faculty lectures
- Investigation and implementation of emerging technologies
- 3-D Modeling using Rhino, SketchUp
- Collaborative class digital magazine
The STA Program is support by the Provost's Office and executed by Academic Technology Services.
Faculty Application - Use this link to begin submitting your project proposal.
Student Technology Assistant - Students should use this link to submit their applications for consideration into the program.
Information Technology Services
University Center 117
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-7900
Help Desk at University Center 117
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED (Limited Phone Support)
Torero Store Help Desk
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED
Copley Library Help Desk
- Monday - Thursday: 3 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Friday - Sunday - CLOSED