Classroom Technology Tutorials
The Academic Technology Services (ATS) department acquires, circulates, installs, manages and maintains the display, recording, and playback equipment used in classrooms across campus. The team supports the use of SMART boards/podiums, document cameras, projectors, and other technology.
Who Can Use Our Services?
Our services are provided to USD faculty, staff, and students for academic use. Media Services can help provide you with the resources and services to develop your own educational media and support your instruction within the classroom.
How can you contact us?
Location: Maher 186
Hours: Mon-Thu, 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. Fri, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m
Hours: Summer Intersession: M-Fri, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m
Closed On Weekends
IMS provides you with assistance and instruction to get started with technology in your classroom in multiple ways:
- You can attend scheduled training and demonstartion of products by registering at: http://www.sandiego.edu/tutorials/
- You can call to schedule a one-on-one appointment on site or at IMS by contacting extension 5943.
- You can see video demonstration of products on this page
- If you are a new student looking for assistance with personal computing, wireless, or MySDMobile, visit the New Students page.
Using the Classroom Podiums, Projectors, and Document Cameras
There are two types of podiums used at USD. They are known as "AMX" and "Smart" podiums.
Understanding Your Podiums:
Select the related classroom videos below to get a basic overview on how your classroom console operates.
If you are using a document camera, understand how the document cameras can be used in the classroom.
Watch the Frequently Asked Questions video below to learn about general settings on how to present and display your content.
|How to Check Out a Podium Key and Podium Basics
Find out how to check out a podium key, display your laptop, computer display settings, connecting to the internet, and how the projection works.
|How to Use the AMX Classroom Console
This video walks you through all aspects of using the AMX Console and Control Panel in the classrooms
|How to Use the SP Classroom Console
See you can use the SP Console in the classrooms for your dvd, vhs, computer, or document camera presentation.
|How to Use the Sympodium/Smart Touchscreen in Classrooms
See how to use the interactiv
Information Technology Services
University Center 117
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-7900
Help Desk at University Center 117
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED (Limited Phone Support)
Torero Store Help Desk
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED
Copley Library Help Desk
- Monday - Thursday: 3 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Friday - Sunday - CLOSED