USD securely stores 4 weeks of data (tape backups) on site and one year of retention stored off campus within Commvault preservation facilities. Tape backups are limited to server data within USD data centers. University Tape retention policies are specified at the link: http://www.sandiego.edu/legal/policies/community/institutional/recordretention.pdf
Tape backups are stored securely at locations on site and off site.
Service is provided for data that is contained on servers within the University of San Diego data center.
Data security restrictions
Tape storage is managed by NISS Systems Architects and Identity and Operations Supervisor. On-site storage is restricted to KIPJ P-17 data center; off-site storage is located at Commvault facilities.
Support for on-site tape storage and off-site storage is provided through NISS. They can be contacted through email: email@example.com
To submit a request for Faculty 20 GB network storage or Home Drive share, consult www.sandiego.edu/documents/its/staff_faculty_user_registration_for_m.pdf
Tape Storage Knowledge Base Articles
- Network Storage
- Backup and Recovery Service (Servers)
- Personal Home Drive
- USD Mapped Drives release notes
- "Initializing root folder to display" error
- Faculty Network Storage
- My Network drives are missing or access is denied? What can I do?
- How can I get access to my department's shared drive?
- How do I connect to my shared drives on a Mac?
Information Technology Services
University Center 117
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-7900
Help Desk at University Center 117
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED