Personal Home Drive
ITS offers staff a networked home directory that is available to back up and store critical information. These services are made available though USD's Active Directory (AD) infrastructure. ITS provides staff with this storage to allow for the regular backup of the critical files on your computer. It is one of the most important aspects of being a responsible computer user. Critical files include documents that you create, research materials, unique files in your email inbox, etc.
Network storage and home drives are backed up for security purposes.
University staff member.
Data security restrictions
The drive space is secure within the University of San Diego AD environment within USD data centers. Drive shares are intended for faculty and staff to store critical or essential information.
How to use
Windows users will see their network home drive (H:) appear within My Computer. It will map automatically on a PC; Mac users need to map it manually.
Support for Home Drives is provided by NISS Systems Administrators and Desktop Support. For support, please contact the Help Desk, firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-260-7900.
To request submit a request for Faculty 20 GB network storage or Home Drive Share, consult www.sandiego.edu/documents/its/staff_faculty_user_registration_form.pdf
Personal Home Drive Knowledge Base Articles
- Network Storage
- Backup and Recovery Service (Servers)
- Tape Storage
- USD Mapped Drives release notes
- "Initializing root folder to display" error
- Faculty Network Storage
- My Network drives are missing or access is denied? What can I do?
- How can I get access to my department's shared drive?
- How do I connect to my shared drives on a Mac?
Information Technology Services
University Center 117
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-7900
Help Desk at University Center 117
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED