How to Get Started with Qualtrics at USD
This page provides all users with features to create their USD Qualtrics account.
If you encounter any problems creating your Qualtrics account, you can contact the HelpDesk for assistance at the following:
- Online Form: Help Desk Request Form
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 619-260-7900
New Account Instructions for Students:
Login in with your USDOne Id and Password at this link to automatically create your account.
New Account Instructions for Faculty / Staff
Qualtrics is a cost sharing software service at USD. Review Step 1 to ensure that you are a member of an opted-in /paid division. If you are a member, proceed to Step 3. If not, proceed to Step 2.
Academic Technology Services (ATS) has partnered with the following schools and divisions to license Qualtrics in an effort to facilitate research, teaching and departmental needs. If you are faculty, staff or student in one of the below divisions/schools and you have your manager or professor's approval, click here to create your account using your USD One username and password.
|School of Leadership and Education Sciences||Karen Lee|
|Student Affairs||Margaret Leary|
|School of Business||TBD|
|College of Arts and Sciences||Carole Huston|
|Institutional Research||Holly Hoffman|
|Information Technology Services||Shahra Meshkaty|
If you are NOT affiliated with one of the divisions/schools listed above, Qualtrics may still be available, however, cost sharing fees will apply. Please complete the Qualtrics Access Request Form to opt-in for either a Single license ($500 annually) or a Division license ($2000 annually).
|User Type||Create Surveys?||Activate Surveys?||Distribute Surveys?||Approve Surveys?|
|Student||Yes||Requires faculty approval||Limited to 100 responses||No|
|Faculty||Yes||Yes||Limited to 100 responses||Yes|
|Staff||Yes||Yes||Limited to 100 responses||No|
|Admin||Yes||Yes||Limited to 100 responses||No|
If your division/school has paid for your departmental use of Qualtrics, create your USD Qualtrics account by following the steps below:
- Click on this link.
- Log in with your USD One username and password. If you encounter any problems logging in, you can email the helpdesk at email@example.com or call ext. 7900.
- Click on the button “I don’t have a Qualtrics Account” and follow the instructions to create your account.
- You will be placed into one of the above user types, listed in Part 2, based upon your USD One account type.
- NOTE: Please keep in mind, If you already have a Qualtrics account created prior to this request via www.qualtrics.com, that account will not be associated in any way with your USD Qualtrics account.
Information Technology Services
University Center 117
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-7900
Help Desk at University Center 117
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED (Limited Phone Support)
Torero Store Help Desk
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED
Copley Library Help Desk
- Monday - Thursday: 3 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Friday - Sunday - CLOSED