ITS Professional Development Requests
Before making any travel arrangements or registering for any conferences, seminars or training, you must get approval by your Senior Director and the CIO. Please fill out and submit the form here:
This form is set up with a workflow that will automatically notify the next approver. Once approved, you will receive an emailed copy of the form.
Please review the university's expense reimbursement policies and procedures here:
The expenditure procedures form has a ton of information, but here are the main take-aways:
- For all meals and lodging itemized receipts must be turned in. The university cannot accept credit card slips only.
- If a lodging receipt contains meal charges as well, please include the itemized receipts for those.
- The University will only reimburse for meals not provided by a conference.
- For meals and lodging, we have the option of using actual expenses or the per diem method.
- Actual expenses are considered reasonable based on the city's per diem.
- The Univesity will only reimburse for meals not provided by a conference. Only seek reimbusement for the per diem poriton of meals not provided.
- A conference/seminar agenda or brochure with a schedule must be attached to the expense report.
- A business purpose is required on all expense reports.
- When seeking mileage reimbursement for use of a personal vehicle, the amount of mileage + meals + lodging should not exceed the cost of round trip economy-class airfare.
- You must use the university's street address as the origination.
- You must submit a copy of google/yahoo/mapquest directions.
- Original receipts are required
- Submit an expense report within 60 days of travel/expense
- The expense report must have your signature, our supervisor's signature and the budget manager's signature.
You can find the expense report here:
On the second page of the expense report you will note a column called "expenditure type". These should be "Professional Dev Airfaire", "Professional Dev Lodging", "Professional Dev Meals", etc.
To learn more about Docusign and how it works, visit this site:
Information Technology Services
University Center 117
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-7900
Help Desk at University Center 117
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED