For graphic, design, poster printing, and Adobe products, call x2271.
For video productions, screen capture video, video editing, and creating video content for the classroom, call x5943
The IMS Production staff is available to assist faculty, staff and students with media related projects such as:
- Multimedia equipment for checkout or in-classroom use
- Capturing your video for Final Cut X editing
- Training on how to use basic video equipment
- Converting your content to syndicate to online sites such as YouTube
- Consultation services on video and audio systems and services
- Graphic design assistance
- Large-format color poster printing
- PowerPoint presentations
- Slide/Flat bed scanning
- Screen capture video presentations
- Preparing audio and video for internet, DVD and CD-ROM applications
You can see how students are using the different technologies in the media lab for their learning outcomes and class projects by watching the video below.
The links and resources below are to assist you in creating and publishing videos on your own or in the Multimedia Lab.
1. Editing Your Video - The lab in Maher Hall comes with Final Cut Pro X, Final Cut Studio and Final Cut Express. This PDF file will guide you through the editing process of Final Cut Pro and Final Cut Express.
To get an overview on Apple's new Final Cut X, click here to find out more.
2. Optimize Your Video - After you finish creating your video, you will need to optimize it. This is a process that takes your large video file down to a size that can be consumed on the internet by students, staff and faculty.
Our Mac/PC video optimization guide will give you different options and settings on how you can create your file.
Depending on your content, if you have a YouTube account, you can optimize and publish your content as "unlisted" which means your video will only be accessible to those you give the link to. Your video will not be public at YouTube.com nor will it show as a public video in your user account.
Contact X5943 if you have any questions about any of these resources that relate to your project. Graphics design and video services that fall under Non Academic, projects are charged at up to $40/hr with a one hour minimum.