What is the iPad Project?
Video: Fall '13 Faculty Participants Discuss their iPad Project Experiences
Deadline for Spring '17 Proposals:
December 9, 2016
- Agree to complete two iPad pilot-related surveys from ITS understand that some information will be made public as research, i.e. summary of proposal, some study results and deliverables, etc.
- Borrow, and return equipment in original condition (excluding ordinary wear and tear)
- Provide feedback in general meeting, lessons learned and greatest benefits
How the Program Works
Up to 3-months exploration period during which time the faculty member will check out an iPad and investigate the possibilities of integrating mobile device apps into their curriculum. The goal of this first phase is to prepare to construct a sound proposal for the next semester.
Classroom investigate phase explores how mobile technologies can enhance the depth and breadth of teaching and learning, explore new approaches in teaching, both in and out of the classroom. Selected faculty will explore a specific topic area or pedagogical use of mobile devices in higher education. The iPad holds tremendous potential in changing how both faculty and students think about teaching and learning. Selected faculty and all of the students in the class will be provided with an iPad for the duration of the semester.
Student Technology Assistant (STA)
STA's are dedicated to aid in the administration and implementation of the project as well as to assist in data collection, documentation of the project findings, and research of appropriate and specific apps to enhance curriculum.
View Previous Projects:
Information Technology Services
University Center 117
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-7900
Help Desk at University Center 117
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED