ITS Software Group negotiates and manages software licenses campuswide. The group keeps an inventory of software, including Adobe, Microsoft and SPSS, at a significantly discounted price or free to departments and individuals for academic use.
Student, Staff, Faculty Current Faculty, Staff, and Students (software varies with group)
Most software can be requested for installation by a desktop technician, or installed remotely by a Help Desk phone analyst. In some cases, software is available for download and self-installation. As part of our campus-wide licensing, some products have limited home use licenses (including Microsoft Office). For clarification on the best method of installation for a specific software, please contact the Help Desk.
Some software titles are campus agreements, but other specialized software is paid for by the department or individual
To see a list of available software and to order, go to sandiego.edu/its/software. Some software downloads might send you a third 3rd-party website. Please check the list of available software before purchasing software for your department.
Software Licensing Knowledge Base Articles
- Software Request for Labs
- McGraw-Hill Connect is unable to submit with Safari
- Automatic Software Updates via KBox
- ExamSoft used by Law School students
- Tools for Sharing Files: Google Drive and Dropbox
- Which Internet Browsers are supported through USD?
- Rosetta Stone Subscription
- VM Fusion Installation
- How do I take a screenshot of my computer?