(Also known as Learning Management System, Olé)
Blackboard Olé is the learning management system used at the University of San Diego. It contains a robust, full-featured set of tools for managing online classes to enhance student learning. Faculty can provide digital content for courses, including syllabi, lectures, quizzes, and assignment submission, while also fostering a collaborative learning environment.
Blackboard is the Learning Management System (LMS) used at USD. This online portal allows students to access courses online as provided by their faculty members. Blackboard is the interactive e-learning system with a set of web based tools that facilitates online learning. Blackboard tools consist of syllabus, learning modules, discussion, chat, quiz, assignment tools and more. It also allows for collaboration through chat and message boards.
You may wish to use Blackboard as part of a class requirement or an optional resource for a course, provided your instructor has created a page for your class.
Faculty or staff must attend a new user training class to learn essentials of the system and understand the USD Blackboard guidelines and procedures before having a course activated on Blackboard. Classes are offered regularly and you can sign up at guin.sandiego.edu/tutorials/Blackboard%3A%20Essentials
All users must have a compatible web browser for access. To check your browser, visit ole.sandiego.edu and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click "Test Your Browser" to make sure your browser is compatible.
How to use
To access Blackboard, please visit ole.sandiego.edu and log in with your USDOne username and password. You may then select the specific class page you wish to visit and begin accessing resources and submitting assignments.
If you are experiencing difficulty with Blackboard please contact the ITS Help Desk at (619) 260-7900. You may also create your own ticket online for assistance by creating a ticket at www.sandiego.edu/its/requests/submit.php . Specific questions regarding classes not listed, and resources/assignments not present in Blackboard should first be fielded to your instructor before contacting ITS.
Scheduled Maintenance and weekly backup will occur every Thursday morning between 12am and 3am.
Before having a course activated on Blackboard, faculty or staff must attend a New User training class to learn essentials of the system and understand the USD Blackboard guidelines and procedures. Classes are offered regularly and you can sign up at guin.sandiego.edu/tutorials/Blackboard%3A%20Essentials
Blackboard Knowledge Base Articles
- How do I add a course site in Blackboard?
- Wiley Plus and Blackboard
- How to create a Blackboard banner in PowerPoint
- How Do I Activate My Course in Blackboard?
- Blackboard: Creating and Editing Assignments
- Blackboard: Exporting Tests, Surveys, and Pools
- Blackboard: End-of-semester procedures
- Blackboard: Submitting Assignments
- How can I clear my browser's cache?
- Making a Course Available or Unavailable
- Can't Log in to Blackboard
- What should new students know about Blackboard?
- My Course Menu Disappeared in Blackboard
- Blackboard: How can I add a Teaching Assistant to my Blackboard course?
Information Technology Services
University Center 117
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-7900
Help Desk at University Center 117
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED (Limited Phone Support)
Torero Store Help Desk
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED
Copley Library Help Desk
- Monday - Thursday: 3 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Friday - Sunday - CLOSED