The central LDAP Directory Service is a network-accessible database that provides information about people, applications, and workgroups. The most common use of the Directory Service is to authenticate users for web pages, MySanDiego, and to support workgroup integration into applications. The current Directory Service requirements exceed the capacity of a single server. The Directory Service is load balanced using a combination of hardware and DNS load balancers. This architecture allows the Directory Service to be highly available and will continue to be available even in the event of a major campus outage.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- ID Numbers and Computing Accounts (MySanDiego Accounts)
- Web Authentication (Single Sign-on)
- Using CourseLeaf to submit changes to courses or program requirements
- New USD Registration Utilities
- How to access course evaluations
- I am an international student and am unable to create an account on MySanDiego.
- MySanDiego Portal Troubleshooting
- For students: How to grant access to an authorized user
- How do I register for a different term?
- Faculty: How to access previously submitted grades
- Remove Parent Authorizations
- How-to submit grades using the MySanDiego Portal
- Where do I find the Freshman Advising Questionnaire?
- Can I Change My USD Username?
- Error connection to beis.sandiego.edu:7007 when trying to register
- Student Instructions for Course Evaluation
- Senior Tab Not Showing in Portal
- I'm a Continuing Education student. Why can't I view my transcripts online?
- How do I set up an account on MySanDiego or create my E-mail account?
- My Financial Aid package says I'm a Law student - why?
- What determines my class standing for registration?
Information Technology Services
University Center 117
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-7900
Help Desk at University Center 117
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED (Limited Phone Support)
Torero Store Help Desk
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED
Copley Library Help Desk
- Monday - Thursday: 3 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Friday - Sunday - CLOSED