The university provides a 24x7 technology help desk service for all technology-related problems. The ITS Help Desk management and staff are the first level of technical support and have an online technical "knowledge base" to assist in troubleshooting technology problems. Depending upon the complexity of the problem, issues may be resolved at the ITS Help Desk or through referrals to technology specialists. The help desk staff also has special "remote access" software that allows technicians to log in to users' home and office systems remotely in order to provide technical assistance.
Student, Staff, Faculty ; full support for USD-owned computers, basic support for personally owned computers. Students: full support
The Help Desk manages and prioritizes technology support requests with an online IT ticketing system called FootPrints. In addition, FootPrints includes an online knowledge base that can be accessed at: www.sandiego.edu/its/helpdesk/kb/ . After-hours help desk support is provided through the phones.
Help Desk requests or issues must be associated with the University of San Diego technology infrastructure or systems.
Data security restrictions
Help Desk staff will never request your password; please never provide your MySanDiego and/or any other passwords to anyone.
How to use
Help Desk (for technology support) Knowledge Base Articles
- Law School Technology Services
- Graduating Seniors - Recording Names
- ITS Training Classes
- Tech Information for New Alumni
- Study Abroad
- How can I sign up for an ITS Training class?
- What is the ITS Help Desk?
- Where is the ITS Help Desk located?
- What are the hours for the ITS Help Desk?
- How can I request support from the ITS Help Desk?
- Why Do I Need an ID to Use the USD ATS/ITS Computer Labs?
- L1S: TMS (The Museum System)