What is Google+ for Torero Mail?
Google+ is Google's new "social search" tool, giving users the ability to post and share with different circles of people. Google+ also includes Facebook-like features, such as a wall and a public/private profile. Starting December 2, 2011 Google+ will be available for all Torero Mail users at USD. You'll be able to share with all Google+ users, not just people with Torero Mail. Google has released a teaser video about the features of Google+:
Why do I want Google+?
One of the great features of Google+ is the ability to create "hangouts", which are video chats and collaboration sessions with up to 9 people. These hangouts can be used for anything, including concerts, test study sessions, or just meeting with friends. You can even share Google documents and your screen with your hangout friends! Hangouts are available in your web browser or on the Google+ mobile app.
Learn more about how to use Google+ for your USD work and fun.
How do I get access to Google+?
You can access Google+ by logging in to your Torero Mail account (at http://toreromail.sandiego.edu) and click on the + icon in the upper left of the black toolbar. You can also visit http://plus.google.com after you've logged in to your Torero Mail inbox. If you do not have a Torero Mail account yet, you can visit My.SanDiego.edu and click "create an account".
Please note that only current students and alumni after Fall 2009 are guaranteed to have a Torero Mail account. Some alumni accounts from the class of 2008 or earlier may have access to Torero Mail. If you are a USD alumnus and want to know if you have a Torero Mail account, please contact the ITS Help Desk. Staff/faculty can create their own Google+ account by visiting http://plus.google.com, but these accounts will not be supported by ITS.
How do I get help with Google+?
Students/alumni may contact the Help Desk at (619) 260-7900 for basic troubleshooting or they may also reference our Torero Mail FAQ's at http://www.sandiego.edu/its/helpdesk/faq/Email/Torero Mail. Google also offers technical support for more advanced issues.
What type of support does the ITS Help Desk offer?
The ITS Help Desk can assist users with issues concerning creating an account, logging in and with basic tasks. You can check the Google+ documentation for help with more advanced topics.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Torero Mail
- FST Student Email Link / Password Reset Instructions
- USD Retirement Policy regarding e-mail and internet access for retired employees
- How to import/export contact groups in Gmail
- How to set up Toreromail on Android device
- How to create a new contact group in Gmail
- How to import sub-calendars and public calendars (public folders) to Toreromail
- How do I sync my ToreroMail to my iPhone/iPad?
- How-to change your Torero Mail Theme
- How-to Send Mail As
- Change Your Display Name in Gmail
- How can I sign in to Torero Mail and my personal Gmail account at the same time?
- How do I log into Torero Mail?
- I have a problem with not receiving some emails using Torero Mail -- who do I report this to -- how can I get this fixed?
- Gmail: How do I sort my inbox by sender?
- What if I already have a personal Google/Gmail account?
- Gmail: How can I go to the next email message instead of back to the inbox?
- Will I be able to create and manage folders of my email in Torero Mail?
- What web browsers can I use with Torero Mail?
- Will my Torero Mail account expire?
- Help! I can no longer check my Torero Mail on my phone or email client!
- What are the POP/IMAP settings for Torero Mail?
- I heard I can share my calendar in Torero Mail / GoogleDocs -- but don't know how to set this up - how do I do it?
- How do I view only unread messages in my Torero Mail account?
- I heard that the Torero Mail account doesn't include all of the features of GoogleDocs -- is that true?
- How do I configure my email client (Outlook, Mac Mail, etc) to send and receive my email?
- How to extend the label column in Toreromail
Information Technology Services
University Center 117
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-7900
Help Desk at University Center 117
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED