What is Google+ for Torero Mail?
Google+ is Google's new "social search" tool, giving users the ability to post and share with different circles of people. Google+ also includes Facebook-like features, such as a wall and a public/private profile. Starting December 2, 2011 Google+ will be available for all Torero Mail users at USD. You'll be able to share with all Google+ users, not just people with Torero Mail. Google has released a teaser video about the features of Google+:
Why do I want Google+?
One of the great features of Google+ is the ability to create "hangouts", which are video chats and collaboration sessions with up to 9 people. These hangouts can be used for anything, including concerts, test study sessions, or just meeting with friends. You can even share Google documents and your screen with your hangout friends! Hangouts are available in your web browser or on the Google+ mobile app.
Learn more about how to use Google+ for your USD work and fun.
How do I get access to Google+?
You can access Google+ by logging in to your Torero Mail account (at http://toreromail.sandiego.edu) and click on the + icon in the upper left of the black toolbar. You can also visit http://plus.google.com after you've logged in to your Torero Mail inbox. If you do not have a Torero Mail account yet, you can visit My.SanDiego.edu and click "create an account".
Please note that only current students and alumni after Fall 2009 are guaranteed to have a Torero Mail account. Some alumni accounts from the class of 2008 or earlier may have access to Torero Mail. If you are a USD alumnus and want to know if you have a Torero Mail account, please contact the ITS Help Desk. Staff/faculty can create their own Google+ account by visiting http://plus.google.com, but these accounts will not be supported by ITS.
How do I get help with Google+?
Students/alumni may contact the Help Desk at (619) 260-7900 for basic troubleshooting or they may also reference our Torero Mail FAQ's at http://www.sandiego.edu/its/helpdesk/faq/Email/Torero Mail. Google also offers technical support for more advanced issues.
What type of support does the ITS Help Desk offer?
The ITS Help Desk can assist users with issues concerning creating an account, logging in and with basic tasks. You can check the Google+ documentation for help with more advanced topics.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Torero Mail
- FST Student Email Link / Password Reset Instructions
- Torero Mail / Google Applications Supported by USD
- How-to forward Email from Torero Mail
- How can I sign in to Torero Mail and my personal Gmail account at the same time?
- How-to Send Mail As
- How-to change your Torero Mail Theme
- How do I sync my ToreroMail to my iPhone/iPad?
- What if I already have a personal Google/Gmail account?
- How do I configure my email client (Outlook, Mac Mail, etc) to send and receive my email?
- Why is Torero Mail for enrolled students slightly different from similar services that are publicly provided by Google (e.g. Gmail)?
- I have a problem with not receiving some emails using Torero Mail -- who do I report this to -- how can I get this fixed?
- I already have a Gmail account -- how do I migrate everything from this account into my new Torero Mail account?
- How do I log into Torero Mail?
- I put the wrong birthday when setting up my Torero Mail account - what do I do?
- Gmail: How can I go to the next email message instead of back to the inbox?
- I am a faculty member -- How do I get a USD Torero Mail account?
- I heard that the Torero Mail account doesn't include all of the features of GoogleDocs -- is that true?
- What web browsers can I use with Torero Mail?
- What is a Conflicting Account for Google Apps+ (GA+)?
- What is the Migrated Folder in my MySanDiego Email Account?
- Will my Torero Mail account expire?
- Help! I can no longer check my Torero Mail on my phone or email client!
- What are the POP/IMAP settings for Torero Mail?
- I like to do a lot of instant messaging. How do I set that up in Torero Mail?
- I heard I can share my calendar in Torero Mail / GoogleDocs -- but don't know how to set this up - how do I do it?
- How do I view only unread messages in my Torero Mail account?
- Will I be able to create and manage folders of my email in Torero Mail?
- Gmail: How do I sort my inbox by sender?