What is DreamSpark?
DreamSpark (formerly MSDN AA) is a partnership between Microsoft and the USD School of Business to provide free copies of various Microsoft programs for current students, staff, and faculty of SBA. There are over 140 software titles that can be downloaded, including Windows 7, Windows 8 and 8.1, Access 2013, Visio 2013, and Visual Studio, for educational/non-commercial use. These software programs are provided as ISO (disk image) files to be burned to a CD, or as executables you can run on your Windows computer.
How do I get access to DreamSpark?
You can access DreamSpark by visiting our USD DreamSpark site. If you are a current staff or faculty member in the School of Business, you are automatically entered to the system. You can obtain password by visiting the site and clicking "I Forgot My Password". Passwords will be sent within 24 hours of clicking the link - if you have still not received it, check your JMM and SPAM folder.
Current students must get access through a USD SBA Faculty Member - have your professor email the program administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) to have you added to the list.
How do I get help?
If you are having problems logging in or downloading software from DreamSpark, you can email Dr. Carl Rebman at email@example.com for help. If you need hep using a specific program, you can check out the Microsoft Support Website.
What type of support does the ITS Help Desk offer?
The ITS Help Desk is unable to support DreamSpark usernames or downloading software. However, we can help install software and answer basic usability questions for the more common software programs. Please contact us if you need assistance.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Fonts displaying incorrectly after updating to Internet Explorer 11
- Informational: Microsoft's Software Assurance Home Use Program (HUP)
- E-mail going to outbox without sending
- Cannot attach files to emails when using Microsoft Edge
- Office 2010 Quickstart Guides (attached)
- Self-Upgrading to Microsoft Office 2016 for Windows
- How to Import Outlook for Mac 2011 User Data for Outlook 2016 for Mac
- How-to Create a Mail Merge in Office 2003 & 2007
- How-to show Outlook 2003 & 2007 Public Folder Calendar Favorites
- "Adobe Contribute" add-on problem with Office 2010/2013
- Can I use the OWA for iPad/iPhone application?
- Can the ITS Help Desk Install Office Suite on my computer?
- Does USD provide Microsoft Office for students?