What is DreamSpark?
DreamSpark (formerly MSDN AA) is a partnership between Microsoft and the USD School of Business to provide free copies of various Microsoft programs for current students, staff, and faculty of SBA. There are over 140 software titles that can be downloaded, including Windows 7, Windows 8 and 8.1, Access 2013, Visio 2013, and Visual Studio, for educational/non-commercial use. These software programs are provided as ISO (disk image) files to be burned to a CD, or as executables you can run on your Windows computer.
How do I get access to DreamSpark?
You can access DreamSpark by visiting our USD DreamSpark site. If you are a current staff or faculty member in the School of Business, you are automatically entered to the system. You can obtain password by visiting the site and clicking "I Forgot My Password". Passwords will be sent within 24 hours of clicking the link - if you have still not received it, check your JMM and SPAM folder.
Current students must get access through a USD SBA Faculty Member - have your professor email the program administrator (email@example.com) to have you added to the list.
How do I get help?
If you are having problems logging in or downloading software from DreamSpark, you can email Dr. Carl Rebman at firstname.lastname@example.org for help. If you need hep using a specific program, you can check out the Microsoft Support Website.
What type of support does the ITS Help Desk offer?
The ITS Help Desk is unable to support DreamSpark usernames or downloading software. However, we can help install software and answer basic usability questions for the more common software programs. Please contact us if you need assistance.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Cannot attach files to emails when using Microsoft Edge
- E-mail going to outbox without sending
- Informational: Microsoft's Software Assurance Home Use Program (HUP)
- Fonts displaying incorrectly after updating to Internet Explorer 11
- How to get Microsoft Office 365 University for free
- Self-Upgrading to Microsoft Office 2016 for Windows
- Can the ITS Help Desk Install Office Suite on my computer?
- "Adobe Contribute" add-on problem with Office 2010/2013
Information Technology Services
University Center 117
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-7900
Help Desk at University Center 117
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED