Did you bring a Nintendo Wii to campus? We have created this tutorial to help you get it connected to the Internet.
Please note: The Nintendo Wii will NOT work on our wireless network. You must use Nintendo's Wii LAN adapter, which you can buy at Nintendo's Online Store or at a local store.
- With your Nintendo Wii powered off, connect the LAN adapter to the USB port on the back of the Wii. Plug a network cable into the adapter, then plug it into your Network port in your room/common area.
- Start up your Nintendo Wii and select the Wii button in the lower left. Go to the Wii Settings tool.
- Select "Internet Settings", "Connection Settings", and finally select "Connection 1". (For pictures of this, see Nintendo's Help Page)
- Select Wired Connection, then let it run the test. If the test fails, save anyways and try visiting the Nintendo store. You might need to visit the store one-two times for SafeConnect to recognize the device as a Wii.
- If you are still unable to connect to the network, contact the ITS Help Desk at 619-260-7900 or email@example.com The wired port in your dorm room may have been deactivated due to inactivity and ITS will need to reactivate it.