New Employee or Non-employee (Consultant) Account Creation Process
Before an employee or non-employee (consultant) can be given a user account, an email account and/or access to any USD computing or network resources, his/her supervisor (or someone from their department) must complete the necessary hiring paperwork. Information and links to the required forms can be found on the Human Resources’ web site at: http://www.sandiego.edu/administration/businessadmin/humanresources/employment/forms.php. Human Resources should be contacted at (619) 260-4594 with any questions about this paperwork.
The prospective employee will need to fill out the “Confidential Employee Information” form. This can be found on the Human Resources web site above and also on the New Employee web site at:
http://www.sandiego.edu/administration/businessadmin/humanresources/newemployees/BeforeFirstDay.php Use the link called “Confidential Employee Data Form”. This can be done before the employee reports for work at USD.
A non-employee needs to fill out the “Confidential Non-Employee” form. Contact HR for this form.
The required information includes employee demographic data (name, SSN, date of birth, etc.) and some basic job assignment information such as the department name and classification (Faculty, Staff, Admin or Student). No account can be created until this information has been entered in the HR system.
Once these forms have been delivered to HR, and all the required information has been entered into the HR system, it will be transferred to the Banner system and the Identity Management system within one hour. Once it is there, the employee can then create (provision) his/her email account at https://my.sandiego.edu by clicking the “Open an Account” link located on the left-hand side of the page.
In order to obtain an Active Directory (AD) account which allows access to USD computing and network resources, the employee and his or her supervisor will need to complete and submit the “Staff and Faculty User Registration Form”. This form can be found on the ITS web site at: http://www.sandiego.edu/ITS/support/forms.php.
May 26, 2011
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- ID Numbers and Computing Accounts (MySanDiego Accounts)
- Web Authentication (Single Sign-on)
- New USD Registration Utilities
- I am an international student and am unable to create an account on MySanDiego.
- MySanDiego Portal Troubleshooting
- How to access course evaluations
- For students: How to grant access to an authorized user
- Remove Parent Authorizations
- How-to submit grades using the MySanDiego Portal
- Faculty: How to access previously submitted grades
- MySanDiego Portal - Pin # and User ID Error
- How do I register for a different term?
- How do I set up an account on MySanDiego or create my E-mail account?
- Where do I find the Freshman Advising Questionnaire?
- Can I Change My USD Username?
- Error connection to beis.sandiego.edu:7007 when trying to register
- Where can I find something in the new MySanDiego Portal?
- Senior Tab Not Showing in Portal
- My Financial Aid package says I'm a Law student - why?
- I forgot my MySanDiego account password. How can I reset it?
- What does my MySanDiego account give me access to?
- I know my password, but would like to change it...Do I have to call the Help Desk?
- I'm a Continuing Education student. Why can't I view my transcripts online?
- Username/PIN Message in MySanDiego
- What determines my class standing for registration?
- Parent Portal
- Directory Service (LDAP)