*This change took place in May 2011 without incident. We will keep this article in for historical purposes*
Users of Torero Mail received an email today (Thursday, May 26 2011) talking about changes to their Google Apps account. This email is in reference to the Torero Mail GA+ migration that took place to make your account more like a standard Google email account.
You can read more about this transition and the new features at http://www.sandiego.edu/its/helpdesk/kb/65454
Subject: Your Google Apps account now works more like a full Google Account
Hello Google Apps user,
Your Google Apps account has been successfully transitioned to function
more like a full Google Account! To get started, please sign out and
sign back in after reading this message.
What this change means for you:
- Access to many more Google products. You will now be able to use most
Google products with your sandiego.edu accounts. For a sample, see our
list of products.
- New sign in option. You can now sign in to Google services from the
regular sign-in pages (like http://mail.google.com). Make sure to enter
your full sandiego.edu email address when signing in. Learn more
- Data ownership. All data contained in sandiego.edu Google Apps
accounts continues to be owned by your organization, and is subject to
sandiego.edu's terms and conditions. Learn more
- Using multiple accounts. After the conversion, the process to sign in
to multiple accounts simultaneously in your browser (What is a
browser?) will change. Learn more
- Offline support for certain Google products aren't currently
available. Learn more
Still have questions or need more help?
- If you are an administrator, please visit our Help Center for Admins.
- If you are an end user, please visit our full Google Accounts Help
Center. If you have questions that are not in the Help Center, please
contact your administrator for help.
The Google Apps Team
You have received this mandatory email service announcement to update
you about important changes to your Google Apps account.
Please don't reply to this email, as we won't be able to review your
response. If your question wasn't answered, please feel free to visit
our Help Center.
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043