Congratulations to our new graduates! We've created a list of important information and common questions regarding technology for our USD alumni.
Removing Symantec Antivirus
Symantec Endpoint Protection (and Symantec Antivirus) is only licensed for current students, staff and faculty. As a recent graduate, you need to remove the USD supplied version from your computer.
- Uninstalling from a Windows Computer: Follow the instructions found on Symantec's website.
- Uninstalling from a Mac Computer: Download the uninstaller from ITS, then follow the instructions found on Symantec's website.
Email for Life
Students who graduated from USD after Spring 2009 are eligible to keep your Torero Mail email account (powered by Google) for life. You do not need to do anything to keep your account! If you are not interested in using your Torero Mail account, you can follow our tutorial to forward your Torero Mail to another account.
Alumni who graduated after Spring 2009 can still log in to MySanDiego for unofficial transcripts and records. However, MySanDiego accounts will lock if they are not used after a certain time. If you receive an error about your account being locked, please contact the ITS Help Desk.
Currently, alumni who still have an active Torero Mail account can use their username and password to log on to the 'usd' or 'usdsecure' wireless network when back on campus. If you use either network, you still must adhere to the security policies of the network (including installing Safe*Connect, a current antivirus, and having your computer notify you of patches). Alumni can also visit the Alumni Office in Degheri for a promotional code for our 'usdguest' wireless network.
If you will not be using the USD Wireless/Wired network anymore, you have the option to install the Safe*Connect client from your computer. Removing the client is not required, as Safe*Connect will not communicate with USD once you leave campus (and will essentially just sit on your computer).
- Uninstalling from a Windows Computer: Follow our tutorial on Removing Safe*Connect from a PC.
- Uninstalling from a Mac Computer: Follow our tutorial on Removing Safe*Connect from a Mac.
Alumni can check out material from the libraries after they apply for (and receive) an Alumni Association Membership Card (application can be found online). However, you will not be able to remotely access online databases or journals.
Alumni who graduated in Spring 2011 or after will be able to use their Campus Cash for purchases for life. For more information, you can contact the Campus Cash office at (619) 260-5999.
The ITS Help Desk will continue to provide support to alumni for USD services (Torero Mail, MySanDiego, etc). However, walk-in computer support (virus removal, troubleshooting, etc) is not available to alumni. For help, please contact the ITS Help Desk.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Help Desk (for technology support)
- Law School Technology Services
- Graduating Seniors - Recording Names
- ITS Training Classes
- Study Abroad
- How can I sign up for an ITS Training class?
- What is the ITS Help Desk?
- Where is the ITS Help Desk located?
- What are the hours for the ITS Help Desk?
- How can I request support from the ITS Help Desk?
- Why Do I Need an ID to Use the USD ATS/ITS Computer Labs?
- L1S: TMS (The Museum System)