These instructions were made using the "old style" view of Torero Mail. We are working on replacing the screenshots, but the steps should be similar.
For most users, we strongly recommend you keep your Torero Mail and Gmail accounts in different browsers after the transition to Google Apps+ (GA+). For example, consider using Internet Explorer/Safari for your Torero Mail account and Firefox for your personal Gmail account. Keeping multiple accounts open in different tabs will no longer be straightforward after the transition - using multiple browsers is easy and will help you keep things straight.
Google does allow you to sign in to multiple accounts for certain products, but you must turn the setting on in your Torero Mail account. To do so, log in at http://toreromail.sandiego.edu. Once in your mail, click the gear icon in the upper right and select "Account Settings". Click the link for multiple sign in settings, then read the warnings and press OK.
Google has created this video to explain more about multiple sign ins:
You can read more on the Google Accounts Help for multiple sign-in.
(Portions of this article are courtesy Berkeley Lab Commons, 2011)
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Torero Mail
- Torero Mail / Google Applications Supported by USD
- FST Student Email Link / Password Reset Instructions
- Google+ for Torero Mail
- How do I sync my ToreroMail to my iPhone/iPad?
- How to create a new contact group in Gmail
- How to import/export contact groups in Gmail
- How to import sub-calendars and public calendars (public folders) to Toreromail
- How to set up Toreromail on Android device
- How-to change your Torero Mail Theme
- How-to Send Mail As
- Will I be able to create and manage folders of my email in Torero Mail?
- What if I already have a personal Google/Gmail account?
- Why is Torero Mail for enrolled students slightly different from similar services that are publicly provided by Google (e.g. Gmail)?
- I have a problem with not receiving some emails using Torero Mail -- who do I report this to -- how can I get this fixed?
- How do I log into Torero Mail?
- Gmail: How do I sort my inbox by sender?
- Gmail: How can I go to the next email message instead of back to the inbox?
- How do I configure my email client (Outlook, Mac Mail, etc) to send and receive my email?
- I heard that the Torero Mail account doesn't include all of the features of GoogleDocs -- is that true?
- What web browsers can I use with Torero Mail?
- What is a Conflicting Account for Google Apps+ (GA+)?
- What is the Migrated Folder in my MySanDiego Email Account?
- Will my Torero Mail account expire?
- Help! I can no longer check my Torero Mail on my phone or email client!
- What are the POP/IMAP settings for Torero Mail?
- I like to do a lot of instant messaging. How do I set that up in Torero Mail?
- I heard I can share my calendar in Torero Mail / GoogleDocs -- but don't know how to set this up - how do I do it?
- How do I view only unread messages in my Torero Mail account?
- How to extend the label column in Toreromail
Information Technology Services
University Center 117
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-7900
Help Desk at University Center 117
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED