These instructions were made using the "old style" view of Torero Mail. We are working on replacing the screenshots, but the steps should be similar.
For most users, we strongly recommend you keep your Torero Mail and Gmail accounts in different browsers after the transition to Google Apps+ (GA+). For example, consider using Internet Explorer/Safari for your Torero Mail account and Firefox for your personal Gmail account. Keeping multiple accounts open in different tabs will no longer be straightforward after the transition - using multiple browsers is easy and will help you keep things straight.
Google does allow you to sign in to multiple accounts for certain products, but you must turn the setting on in your Torero Mail account. To do so, log in at http://toreromail.sandiego.edu. Once in your mail, click the gear icon in the upper right and select "Account Settings". Click the link for multiple sign in settings, then read the warnings and press OK.
Google has created this video to explain more about multiple sign ins:
You can read more on the Google Accounts Help for multiple sign-in.
(Portions of this article are courtesy Berkeley Lab Commons, 2011)
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Torero Mail
- Google+ for Torero Mail
- FST Student Email Link / Password Reset Instructions
- Torero Mail / Google Applications Supported by USD
- How-to change your Torero Mail Theme
- How to setup an iPad to ToreroMail
- How-to Send Mail As
- How-to forward Email from Torero Mail
- I heard that the Torero Mail account doesn't include all of the features of GoogleDocs -- is that true?
- I am a faculty member -- How do I get a USD Torero Mail account?
- How do I configure my email client (Outlook, Mac Mail, etc) to send and receive my email?
- How do I sync my ToreroMail to my iPhone/iPad?
- I already have a Gmail account -- how do I migrate everything from this account into my new Torero Mail account?
- What if I already have a personal Google/Gmail account?
- Why is Torero Mail for enrolled students slightly different from similar services that are publicly provided by Google (e.g. Gmail)?
- How do I log into Torero Mail?
- I have a problem with not receiving some emails using Torero Mail -- who do I report this to -- how can I get this fixed?
- Will I be able to create and manage folders of my email in Torero Mail?
- What web browsers can I use with Torero Mail?
- What is a Conflicting Account for Google Apps+ (GA+)?
- What is the Migrated Folder in my MySanDiego Email Account?
- Will my Torero Mail account expire?
- Help! I can no longer check my Torero Mail on my phone or email client!
- What are the POP/IMAP settings for Torero Mail?
- I like to do a lot of instant messaging. How do I set that up in Torero Mail?
- I heard I can share my calendar in Torero Mail / GoogleDocs -- but don't know how to set this up - how do I do it?
- How do I view only unread messages in my Torero Mail account?
- I put the wrong birthday when setting up my Torero Mail account - what do I do?