These instructions were made using the "old style" view of Torero Mail. We are working on replacing the screenshots, but the steps should be similar.
If you have a personal Google account that is associated with your Torero Mail account (think of your USD email address), Google will require you to make changes to your personal Google Account. For example, if your Torero Mail Identity is firstname.lastname@example.org and you also have a personal Picasa account with Google called email@example.com, you will have to make changes to your personal account. Note: If your personal account is firstname.lastname@example.org there is no impact - you do not have a conflicting account.
Note: We have observed that many people who have conflicting accounts (according to Google) are confused when we sent out an initial email advising them of this - they do not remember ever creating one. As a result, these may have been created years ago or perhaps inadvertently - and may not be much of an impact on USD users. Google has created the following video that might help you understand this issue better than we can explain it in words.
(Portions of this article are courtesy Berkeley Lab Commons, 2011)
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Torero Mail
- FST Student Email Link / Password Reset Instructions
- Torero Mail / Google Applications Supported by USD
- Google+ for Torero Mail
- How-to Send Mail As
- How to setup an iPad to ToreroMail
- How-to change your Torero Mail Theme
- How can I sign in to Torero Mail and my personal Gmail account at the same time?
- How-to forward Email from Torero Mail
- I already have a Gmail account -- how do I migrate everything from this account into my new Torero Mail account?
- I heard that the Torero Mail account doesn't include all of the features of GoogleDocs -- is that true?
- I am a faculty member -- How do I get a USD Torero Mail account?
- How do I configure my email client (Outlook, Mac Mail, etc) to send and receive my email?
- How do I sync my ToreroMail to my iPhone/iPad?
- What if I already have a personal Google/Gmail account?
- Why is Torero Mail for enrolled students slightly different from similar services that are publicly provided by Google (e.g. Gmail)?
- How do I log into Torero Mail?
- I have a problem with not receiving some emails using Torero Mail -- who do I report this to -- how can I get this fixed?
- Will I be able to create and manage folders of my email in Torero Mail?
- What web browsers can I use with Torero Mail?
- What is the Migrated Folder in my MySanDiego Email Account?
- Will my Torero Mail account expire?
- Help! I can no longer check my Torero Mail on my phone or email client!
- What are the POP/IMAP settings for Torero Mail?
- I like to do a lot of instant messaging. How do I set that up in Torero Mail?
- I heard I can share my calendar in Torero Mail / GoogleDocs -- but don't know how to set this up - how do I do it?
- How do I view only unread messages in my Torero Mail account?
- I put the wrong birthday when setting up my Torero Mail account - what do I do?