These instructions were made using the "old style" view of Torero Mail. We are working on replacing the screenshots, but the steps should be similar.
If you have a personal Google account that is associated with your Torero Mail account (think of your USD email address), Google will require you to make changes to your personal Google Account. For example, if your Torero Mail Identity is email@example.com and you also have a personal Picasa account with Google called firstname.lastname@example.org, you will have to make changes to your personal account. Note: If your personal account is email@example.com there is no impact - you do not have a conflicting account.
Note: We have observed that many people who have conflicting accounts (according to Google) are confused when we sent out an initial email advising them of this - they do not remember ever creating one. As a result, these may have been created years ago or perhaps inadvertently - and may not be much of an impact on USD users. Google has created the following video that might help you understand this issue better than we can explain it in words.
(Portions of this article are courtesy Berkeley Lab Commons, 2011)
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Torero Mail
- Torero Mail / Google Applications Supported by USD
- FST Student Email Link / Password Reset Instructions
- Google+ for Torero Mail
- How do I sync my ToreroMail to my iPhone/iPad?
- How to create a new contact group in Gmail
- How to import/export contact groups in Gmail
- How to import sub-calendars and public calendars (public folders) to Toreromail
- How to set up Toreromail on Android device
- How can I sign in to Torero Mail and my personal Gmail account at the same time?
- How-to change your Torero Mail Theme
- How-to Send Mail As
- Will I be able to create and manage folders of my email in Torero Mail?
- What if I already have a personal Google/Gmail account?
- Why is Torero Mail for enrolled students slightly different from similar services that are publicly provided by Google (e.g. Gmail)?
- I have a problem with not receiving some emails using Torero Mail -- who do I report this to -- how can I get this fixed?
- How do I log into Torero Mail?
- Gmail: How do I sort my inbox by sender?
- Gmail: How can I go to the next email message instead of back to the inbox?
- How do I configure my email client (Outlook, Mac Mail, etc) to send and receive my email?
- I heard that the Torero Mail account doesn't include all of the features of GoogleDocs -- is that true?
- What web browsers can I use with Torero Mail?
- What is the Migrated Folder in my MySanDiego Email Account?
- Will my Torero Mail account expire?
- Help! I can no longer check my Torero Mail on my phone or email client!
- What are the POP/IMAP settings for Torero Mail?
- I like to do a lot of instant messaging. How do I set that up in Torero Mail?
- I heard I can share my calendar in Torero Mail / GoogleDocs -- but don't know how to set this up - how do I do it?
- How do I view only unread messages in my Torero Mail account?
- How to extend the label column in Toreromail
Information Technology Services
University Center 117
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-7900
Help Desk at University Center 117
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED