Often times, International Students are unable to create an account in MySanDiego because their information in the Registrar is incorrect. If you are experiencing similar difficulties in creating an account, then you should call the ITS Help Desk at (619) 260-7900 so we can verify your information and assist you in creating your account.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- ID Numbers and Computing Accounts (MySanDiego Accounts)
- Web Authentication (Single Sign-on)
- Using CourseLeaf to submit changes to courses or program requirements
- New USD Registration Utilities
- How to access course evaluations
- MySanDiego Portal Troubleshooting
- For students: How to grant access to an authorized user
- How do I register for a different term?
- Faculty: How to access previously submitted grades
- Remove Parent Authorizations
- How-to submit grades using the MySanDiego Portal
- Where do I find the Freshman Advising Questionnaire?
- Can I Change My USD Username?
- Error connection to beis.sandiego.edu:7007 when trying to register
- Student Instructions for Course Evaluation
- Senior Tab Not Showing in Portal
- I'm a Continuing Education student. Why can't I view my transcripts online?
- How do I set up an account on MySanDiego or create my E-mail account?
- My Financial Aid package says I'm a Law student - why?
- What determines my class standing for registration?
- Directory Service (LDAP)
Information Technology Services
University Center 117
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-7900
Help Desk at University Center 117
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED