If you have an email account on Microsoft Exchange and use Microsoft Outlook to send email, you might receive an error message if sending email to someone who has had their mailbox changed or removed from Exchange. When this happens, the error message says "RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##" with a long email address in blue.
This happens if you have emailed the person before and the address appears in your auto-fill list stored on Outlook (also called an MK2 list). If this happens, you can delete out the entry and try to resend the message. To do this:
- Start a new email message in Microsoft Outlook
- Start typing the person/department's email address in the To box. A dropdown list should appear with the person's full email address.
- Press the down key to highlight the address, then press "Delete" on your keyboard. The email address will disappear from the auto-fill list
- After the entry is deleted, type in the whole email address and resend the message. The new entry will be saved in your list for next time.
An example error message is below:
Generating server: exhubca2.ad.sandiego.edu
#550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##
Original message headers:
Received: from EXCLUSMBX.ad.sandiego.edu ([10.0.32.212]) by
exhubca2.ad.sandiego.edu ([10.0.32.217]) with mapi; Mon, 24 Jan 2011 10:48:17
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="winmail.dat"
To: telecom Account
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 10:48:16 -0800
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- In Outlook Web App (OWA), what are the "Premium" and "Light" interfaces?
- Basic/Light version of Outlook Web App loads in Internet Explorer 11
- USD Retirement Policy regarding e-mail and internet access for retired employees
- Setting up a Blackberry to check Exchange
- Configuring Outlook 2010 for Exchange
- Connecting an iPhone to Microsoft Exchange
- Requesting an Exchange account for a student employee
- Exchange Email - How to Change Your Password
- How to setup an iPad to Exchange
- How-to forward Exchange email account to another account
- Share and open calendars in Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013
- Configuring Outlook 2013 for Exchange
- In OWA, how do I disable or enable conversation view?