If you are in the MySanDiego Portal and continue to receive an error asking for both your “user id and pin #”, follow the steps below to troubleshoot the issue. If one step does not work, continue to the next step.
- Try using a different browser (internet explorer, firefox, safari, etc.)
- Attempt clearing the cache on different browsers. The process of clearing the cache will vary for PC and Macs and the different browsers within them. After you clear the cache make sure to close down the browser and reopen it. Instructions for clearing the cache are listed below.
PC Cache Clear
- Mozilla Firefox
Within the browser go to “Tools” > Clear Recent History > Check the “Cache” and "Cookies" boxes > Time range to clear: Everything > Click on "Clear now"
- Internet Explorer
Within the browser click Tools > Delete Browsing History > Check the "Temporary Internet files" and "Cookies" boxes > Click on "Delete"
Mac Cache Clear
- Mozilla Firefox
Within the browser click on tools > clear recent history > check the "cache" and "cookies" box > click clear
In the browser click the bolded Safari tab on the top left corner > within the dropdown click on "Reset Safari" > make sure "Remove all website data" is checked > click "reset"
If the problem still persists after trying the above steps, then call the ITS Help Desk for troubleshoot support at (619) 260-7900
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- ID Numbers and Computing Accounts (MySanDiego Accounts)
- Web Authentication (Single Sign-on)
- How to access course evaluations
- For students: How to grant access to an authorized user
- I am an international student and am unable to create an account on MySanDiego.
- MySanDiego Portal Troubleshooting
- New Employee or Non-employee (Consultant) Account Creation Process
- How do I register for a different term?
- Remove Parent Authorizations
- How-to submit grades using the MySanDiego Portal
- Faculty: How to access previously submitted grades
- Where do I find the Freshman Advising Questionnaire?
- Can I Change My USD Username?
- Error connection to beis.sandiego.edu:7007 when trying to register
- Senior Tab Not Showing in Portal
- Username/PIN Message in MySanDiego
- I forgot my MySanDiego account password. How can I reset it?
- Where can I find something in the new MySanDiego Portal?
- I know my password, but would like to change it...Do I have to call the Help Desk?
- I'm a Continuing Education student. Why can't I view my transcripts online?
- My Financial Aid package says I'm a Law student - why?
- How do I set up an account on MySanDiego or create my E-mail account?
- What does my MySanDiego account give me access to?
- Parent Portal
- Directory Service (LDAP)