Official Name Change Policy:
This Practice/Standard extends to USD all students, staff, and faculty requesting a vanity or other account name change. Re-credentialing, account name change, or vanity name change are not allowed. A request of account re-credentialing must be entered and processed in the University’s employee system of record (Oracle EBS) or student system of record (Banner). In both cases the Registrar’s office or Human Resources will validate the legal name change. No other documentation required.
USD One identity system now creates user account name automatically using an unused name combinations of the person’s first, middle, and last names. In some case, people with very common names may have a number automatically appended to their account name since no other choices are available.
User Name generation process i.e., Victor Gomez;
· First character of First Preferred Name + Last Name (Vgomez)
· First Preferred Name + Last Name (Victorgomez)
· First character of First Preferred Name + First character of Middle Name + Last Name (Vrgomez)
· (provided Middle Name is not null)
· First Preferred Name + First character of Middle Name + Last Name (Victorrgomez) (provided Middle Name is not null)
· First character of First Preferred Name + Last Name + single digit number (Vgomez1)
· (number should start with 1 and incremented if required)
· Special requirements –
· If First Preferred Name is not present then use First Name to derive username based on the above algorithm
· Username will 'always' be unique and will never be reused
· Username will NOT be case-sensitive
· Username must also be validated against the old accounts may be approx 50K). These accounts may be loaded in another database or separate table in OIM, as part of day0 activities.
Account names created as of April 2015 cannot be changed except by legal name change.
If you are a student and your information is incorrect in the MySanDiego Portal, then contact the Registrar at 619-260-2888. If you are a staff member and your information is incorrect in the MySanDiego Portal, then contact the HR department at 619-260-6611. When your name is changed and verified in these departments, contact the ITS Help Desk at 619-260-7900. We will escalate your request to Identity Management to perform the email address change. You will be notified once it has been completed.
For further questions regarding the name change policy, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 619-260-7900.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- ID Numbers and Computing Accounts (MySanDiego Accounts)
- Web Authentication (Single Sign-on)
- For students: How to grant access to an authorized user
- How to access course evaluations
- I am an international student and am unable to create an account on MySanDiego.
- MySanDiego Portal Troubleshooting
- New Employee or Non-employee (Consultant) Account Creation Process
- How do I register for a different term?
- Remove Parent Authorizations
- How-to submit grades using the MySanDiego Portal
- Faculty: How to access previously submitted grades
- MySanDiego Portal - Pin # and User ID Error
- Where do I find the Freshman Advising Questionnaire?
- Error connection to beis.sandiego.edu:7007 when trying to register
- How do I set up an account on MySanDiego or create my E-mail account?
- Senior Tab Not Showing in Portal
- Username/PIN Message in MySanDiego
- I forgot my MySanDiego account password. How can I reset it?
- Where can I find something in the new MySanDiego Portal?
- I know my password, but would like to change it...Do I have to call the Help Desk?
- I'm a Continuing Education student. Why can't I view my transcripts online?
- My Financial Aid package says I'm a Law student - why?
- What does my MySanDiego account give me access to?
- Parent Portal
- Directory Service (LDAP)