The University of San Diego offers personal web space for all current students, staff and faculty on home.sandiego.edu. Once activated, you will have a site at http://home.sandiego.edu/~(your MySanDiego username).
IMPORTANT: Students must connect via FTP before enabling their website. Please follow the instructions below to connect via FTP. We like using Filezilla which can be downloaded from here- https://filezilla-project.org/ make sure you select “client.” The proper configuration for the FTP settings can be found here- http://www.sandiego.edu/its/connect/web/sftp.php#personalsites
Here are the steps to activate your space and upload a file:
- Connect to FTP as stated in the instructions above.
- In your web browser visit http://www.sandiego.edu/webdev/home/html/ and log in.
- Click on “Enable web site”, then look for any errors under "Web site configuration check".
- Your site is now enabled. Go to https://home.sandiego.edu/files/ and log in with your MySanDiego username and password. (You MUST use https to access this tool).
- Click on the Public_HTML folder to access your home directory. It will look something like this:
- You can use the web based interface to upload files, or FTP/Dreamweaver using these settings: Secure FTP - host: usdhome.sandiego.edu on port 42670
If you experience other issues or need additional support please call the ITS Help Desk at 619-260-7900 and we will be happy to assist you in activating your web space and uploading files.
Information Technology Services
University Center 117
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-7900
Help Desk at University Center 117
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED