The University of San Diego offers personal web space for all current students, staff and faculty on home.sandiego.edu. Once activated, you will have a site at http://home.sandiego.edu/~(your MySanDiego username).
IMPORTANT: Students must connect via FTP before enabling their website. Please follow the instructions below to connect via FTP. We like using Filezilla which can be downloaded from here- https://filezilla-project.org/ make sure you select “client.” The proper configuration for the FTP settings can be found here- http://www.sandiego.edu/its/connect/web/sftp.php#personalsites
Here are the steps to activate your space and upload a file:
- Connect to FTP as stated in the instructions above.
- In your web browser visit http://www.sandiego.edu/webdev/home/html/ and log in.
- Click on “Enable web site”, then look for any errors under "Web site configuration check".
- Your site is now enabled. Go to https://home.sandiego.edu/files/ and log in with your MySanDiego username and password. (You MUST use https to access this tool).
- Click on the Public_HTML folder to access your home directory. It will look something like this:
- You can use the web based interface to upload files, or FTP/Dreamweaver using these settings: Secure FTP - host: usdhome.sandiego.edu on port 42670
If you experience other issues or need additional support please call the ITS Help Desk at 619-260-7900 and we will be happy to assist you in activating your web space and uploading files.