Instructions for Redirecting Exchange Email in OWA
*Must be done in INTERNET EXPLORER*
This will not work in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari. If you have a Macintosh computer you will need to do this from a Windows computer using Internet Explorer.
See attachment for screen shots with directions
1. Go to http://exchange.sandiego.edu and login
2. Click Options in the upper right corner
3. Click “Create an Inbox Rule…
4. Under “Inbox Rules,” click “New…” and a new window will pop up (note: make sure the browser’s pop-up blocker is disabled)
5. Click on the dropdown menu underneath “When the message arrives, and:” and select “My name is in the To or Cc box”
6. Click on the dropdown menu underneath “Do the following” and select “Redirect the message to…”
7. Click on “Select people…” to bring up a new window
8. At the bottom of the window you will see “Message recipients” with a “To” field. Type in the email address you want to redirect the emails to. If it is a USD Exchange email address, you can search for it in the Global Address List. Click OK at the bottom of the window to apply this addition.
9. If you wish to make the emails skip your Exchange inbox altogether, click on “More Options…” and “Add Action” then “Move, copy, or delete.” You can choose to have these messages go to a different folder or get deleted.
10. Click “Save” to save this inbox rule
11. Your new rule will now appear at the top of your Inbox Rules list
If you experience other issues or need additional support please contact the Help Desk at 619-260-7900 and we will be happy to assist you in setting up mail forwarding from your Exchange account.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- USD Retirement Policy regarding e-mail and internet access for retired employees
- In Outlook Web App (OWA), what are the "Premium" and "Light" interfaces?
- Basic/Light version of Outlook Web App loads in Internet Explorer 11
- Connecting an iPhone to Microsoft Exchange
- Requesting an Exchange account for a student employee
- Exchange Email - How to Change Your Password
- How to setup an iPad to Exchange
- When I email another sandiego.edu address from Exchange, I get an error with a long email address
- How to manage Junk Email on Exchange
- Share and open calendars in Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013
- Configuring Outlook 2013 for Exchange
- In OWA, how do I disable or enable conversation view?
- Setting up a Blackberry to check Exchange