By default, all students at USD have their email on Torero Mail (hosted by Google) - these accounts allow for 7gb of storage, calendaring, and access to Google Docs. However, some departments need student employees to have access to Exchange, where they can have calendar and email delegation access for full time staff/faculty.
If a student employee needs access to Exchange, ITS can create a special student Exchange account (SA Account) that they can use concurrently with their Torero Mail account. They will have an additional email address that can be used for business purposes (the address will be SAfirstname.lastname@example.org). These accounts must be renewed every year.
To request an SA account for a student employee, the student and supervisor must fill out the Authorization For Student Exchange Account form below and fax it to Network Operations at (619) 849-8310.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- USD Retirement Policy regarding e-mail and internet access for retired employees
- In Outlook Web App (OWA), what are the "Premium" and "Light" interfaces?
- Basic/Light version of Outlook Web App loads in Internet Explorer 11
- Connecting an iPhone to Microsoft Exchange
- Exchange Email - How to Change Your Password
- How to setup an iPad to Exchange
- How-to forward Exchange email account to another account
- When I email another sandiego.edu address from Exchange, I get an error with a long email address
- How to manage Junk Email on Exchange
- Share and open calendars in Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013
- Configuring Outlook 2013 for Exchange
- In OWA, how do I disable or enable conversation view?
- Setting up a Blackberry to check Exchange