If you use Advance/BSR both at USD and at home with our VPN, you might experience slow speeds, even if other applications and downloads are fast.
To make sure that all users have the newest version of Advance, ITS installs and manages one copy of the software on a Network Drive. This works well while on campus, where you have a fast connection from your computer to the drive that contains the software. However, users who take their computer home and use Advance remotely might experience slow speeds running the program over VPN. In these cases, a Desktop Technician can install the software locally on your computer to speed up performance.
If you are affected by this problem, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 619-260-7900 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request this installation.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- VPN / eGate
- VPN Accounts for Students Traveling Abroad
- Connecting an iOS device (iPad, iPhone) to eGate VPN
- Instructions for installing Pulse for VPN access on Windows
- Instructions for installing Pulse for VPN access on Macintosh
- How-to access office computers remotely from off campus using VPN (eGate)
- Why am I unable to access VPN (eGate) since upgrading to Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)?