On Windows, hold Alt and press Print Screen (PrtScr) to take a screenshot; you can then paste it into an e-mail message.
On Mac OS X, hold Command and Shift then press 3 to take a screenshot of everything. If you only want to send a single window, hold Command and Shift then press 4, position the mouse over the window you want, and then use the space bar. This will create a file on your desktop that you can drag into any document, such as an e-mail message.
(instructions courtesy Jerry Stratton)
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Dropbox for Business
- Software Licensing
- Software Request for Labs
- What if I move a shared Dropbox link or want to unshare a link?
- Automatic Software Updates via KBox
- ExamSoft used by Law School students
- Tools for Sharing Files: Google Drive and Dropbox
- Which Internet Browsers are supported through USD?
- Rosetta Stone Subscription
- McGraw-Hill Connect is unable to submit with Safari
- How to install and sync Dropbox on Windows 7
- VM Fusion Installation
- How to install Dropbox for Mac
- What if Dropbox is already using my @sandiego.edu email address?
Information Technology Services
University Center 117
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-7900
Help Desk at University Center 117
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED