USD ITS provides 20 GB of personal server storage space on the Central File Server for each university faculty member. If you often use computers from multiple locations on campus, the Central File Server is a great way to share, move, and store files. You can use your personal space to store your important files so that they are accessible to you from any computer connected to the campus network. You can also use it to backup your local important files.
Furthermore, even if you are backing up your important documents on a local external drive, the central storage provides an additional level of security and redundancy.
For more information on our Faculty Network Storage, please see our ATS Info Page.
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Network Storage
- Backup and Recovery Service (Servers)
- Tape Storage
- Personal Home Drive
- USD Mapped Drives release notes
- "Initializing root folder to display" error
- My Network drives are missing or access is denied? What can I do?
- How can I get access to my department's shared drive?
- How do I connect to my shared drives on a Mac?
Information Technology Services
University Center 117
5998 Alcalá Park
San Diego, CA 92110
Phone: (619) 260-7900
Help Desk at University Center 117
- Monday - Thursday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday - CLOSED
- Monday - Friday: 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday - 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Sunday - CLOSED