USD provides a secure wireless network named 'usdsecure' that keeps users from having to log in each time. ITS provides a tool to automatically configure your Windows or Mac to log in at http://www.sandiego.edu/its/helpdesk/wirelessaddon
If you have a computer or device that is not supported by that tool, it is sometimes possible to manually configure your computer to securely log in to 'usdsecure'. While the ITS Help Desk will provide what help we can, we cannot guarantee that all devices will be able to use these manual settings.
Encryption: WPA Enterprise
Allow 802.1x Authentication
Outer Authentication: TTLS or Tunneled TLS
Inner Authentication: PAP
Username: *Your MySanDiego Username*
Password: *Your MySanDiego Password*
Related Knowledge Base Articles
- Wireless Access (usdsecure)
- Supported and unsupported devices on USD's wireless network
- Accessing usdsecure on OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion and 10.9 Mavericks
- Minimum Wireless Drivers for the USD Wireless Network
- Wireless Card Interference
- Connecting to the Network with a Corporate-Owned Computer
- How-to Configure a computer for SecureConnect (Secure Wireless)
- How-to connect my iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad to the usdsecure wireless network
- Connecting an Android-based device to usdsecure
- How-to connect to 'usdsecure' wireless on campus
- Connecting to Our 'usdsecure' Wireless Network for Mac OS 10.7 (Lion)
- How-to change a Centrino N-1030 Power Setting to Improve Wireless
- How fast should download and upload speeds be at USD?
- Is there wireless network access on campus?
- I can't get any wireless signal in my area/room.
- Installing Secureconnect for Windows